PDSAT – Import FIS No funding values

Home Forums Data issues PDSAT – Import FIS No funding values

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hannah O’Shea 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Hannah O’Shea
    Participant

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version on PDSAT, as well as the latest version on 19/20 FIS. I have successfully run my ILR file through FIS and obtained all of the usual reports as well as the funding reports.

In PDSAT when I select Import FIS, I’m using the option of connection string and ‘Data Source=(LOCAL)\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=ILR1920;Integrated Security=True’ based on guidance from a previous forum, but I get a message saying ‘FIS has no funding values. Please run the funding calculations in FIS’.

Anybody know what the issue might be?

Thanks,

Hannah

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Hannah,
    It looks like PDSAT cannot find SQL server from the connection string you have entered, you should use the Server Name and then the instance name but if you do not have an instance name then leave a space after the ‘\’.
    HTH

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Martin West.

Hannah O’Shea
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me so swiftly.

I’m sorry, but I’m not very technical and so please forgive the silly question! Where could I find the server or instance name?

Thanks,

Hannah

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The server name is your computer name to find this: open settings – system and click ‘about’ and your server name is the same as the Device name under Device specifications.
    Replace the (LOCAL) with your computer name in the string, I expect the instance would be SQLEXPRESS but if this does not work replace it with a space as you may not have a named instance.
    HTH

steveh
    Participant

ALSO! have you used the “export to SQL” bit in FIS settings, you can’t get the funding details just by importing the XML file into PDSAT

Hannah O’Shea
    Participant

Thank you both! I appreciate you taking the time to assist. It turns out its our IT network settings causing the issue, I’ll take it up with them.

Many thanks,

Hannah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.