PHours_01 Error for Restarts

Home Forums Data issues PHours_01 Error for Restarts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Deb Smith
    Participant

Hi All,
    Just to let you all know about this little gem!

We have 3 learners who have restart dates within the 2019/20 contract year and is triggering the above error. Queried as this is a new field for 2019/20 and thought it should not trigger on restarts (as it the usual).
    Response from support below:
    ‘The ILR specification for 19/20 does not show an exclusion for this and as a result learners who return from a break in learning or transfer in after the 1st of August 2019 must be recorded with this information or the error will trigger.
    As prior to the break the field was not required the 19/20 restarted record should be recorded with the Of-the-Job hours which remain for that learner.’

Apparently they queried this as they didn’t think it should error on a restart either, but were advised that for this field it would.

You will need to ensure that you work out the planned hours remaining from the date of your restart, even though the spec states for the full apprenticeship.
    SUCH FUN!!
    Deb

Martin West
    Participant

You do have to ask ‘do they make it up as they go along’ as their guidance does not comply with the ILR specifications.

Emma M
    Participant

I’ve had this error as well but had no response from the Service Desk yet. I assumed this was a mistake, as like Martin says, it doesn’t comply with the ILR spec. My question would be though – what happens if the planned hours remaining from the date of your restart do not reach the 20% requirement?

Deb Smith
    Participant

Martin – I did say this on the call. The response was that if I didn’t agree with them including restarts I could raise a complaint. But this of course would not clear my error!

Emma – I would assume that if that was the case it would then trigger another error!!

Deb

Martin West
    Participant

The validation rule PHours_02 the hours returned is not triggered for restarts.
    Makes you wonder why they did not do this for PHours_01

Emma M
    Participant

Brilliant…….

I’m going to wait and see what they say to me then raise it with our Account Manager. If I can’t restart someone’s learning who has taken a legitimate break they’ve taken away that persons ability to complete their apprenticeship – in this case for simply having a baby! Ridiculous.

Emma M
    Participant

That’s good to know – thanks Martin!

Martin West
    Participant

Emma,
    Its not really an issue just put the hours from the commitment statement in PHours
    No validation issues and you have complied with the ILR Specifications.

Emma M
    Participant

Thanks Martin – would you put the hours still to be delivered or the total hours for the full duration of the programme?

Martin West
    Participant

AS per the ILR Spec:
    Planned off-the-job training hours for the individual apprentice over the full apprenticeship (excluding the end point assessment period) by the training provider, sub-contracted training providers and the employer.
    AS I said as per the commitment statement.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.