PHours_01

Home Forums Data issues PHours_01

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  MartynWright 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • donna1805
    Participant

Morning – I have just uploaded a file for R03 and have a lot of errors Planned hours must be returned for this funding model

Does anyone else have this issue?

Many Thanks
    Donna

Martin West
    Participant

Have you returned this on the Apprenticeship programme aim for all starts from 1/8/2019?

donna1805
    Participant

No – that would explain it, I did not get errors on R01 or R02 though…?

donna1805
    Participant

Martin – Is this the hours of the apprenticeship or off the job training?

Many thanks
    Donna

Martin West
    Participant

The OTJ training requirement over the duration of training as recorded on the Apprenticeship Agreement and commitment statement.

Sue Scott
    Participant

Hi
    I have these errors too. Has this field for OJT now become a mandatory field??
    I didn’t have these errors in P1 and P2 and was under the assumption that OJT entry was optional

donna1805
    Participant

Hi Sue – yes it looks like it as this did not show up as an error for R01 or R02 but is now an error on R03 and this field must be completed .

robS4S
    Participant

Really would have been helpful if this had been a warning in R01/R02

Martin West
    Participant

It was on the known issues that the rule had been turned off in R01

MartynWright
    Participant

I am getting this error when a learner has returned from ABIL in 19/20 having gone on ABIL in 18/19. If OTJ hours did not need to be recorded in 18/19 I would say this is not a valid error. It is not taking into consideration the learner is restarting as opposed to being a new start in 19/20 where OTJ is now a compulsory field.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    That’s the rule as is but the other rule PHours_02 is not triggered for restarts.
    HTH

Peter Sarner-Taylor
    Participant

I’m getting the PHours_01 error for all our withdrawn learners. Anyone else experiencing this? I wonder whether it is a software thing (UNIT-e).

donna1805
    Participant

You also receive an error saying that there is a minimum number of hours for example 278 seems a popular one…

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I’d have assumed the rule would still apply for withdrawn apprentices. Annoying if they didn’t qualify for any funding anyway, but it wouldn’t be unusual. Same for Planned Learning Hours. We have to put them in, even if it makes no odds for funding because they withdrew after a couple of weeks.

The minimum hours is definitely correct, assuming you did enter a number less than 278. There’s no way you could have planned fewer than 278 hours for any apprentice, and meet the 20% OTJ rules. Planned Hours is for the full apprenticeship, and wouldn’t be reduced for early completion or withdrawal.

If a student works the minimum full time hours at 30 hours, and they do the shortest possible apprenticeship of 52 weeks. The calculation for OTJ minimum is;

(Weeks Duration (minus statutory leave) x weekly hours) x 0.2
    52 – 5.6 (the published statutory leave in weeks for a year) x 30 x 0.2 = 278.4

Anything lower than 278 is therefore an impossibility if you want to claim funding. Part timers would generally end up doing more OTJ hours than that because of the way you calculate it.

Sounds like other people are finding their system putting zeros in instead of blanks, which would also cause the error.

Claire_UoB
    Participant

I’ve got the planned hours in the xml that I’ve uploaded but I’m still getting the error when I do the upload (not when I run it through FIS). Any suggestions please?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Claire,
    In the XML it should be recorded against ‘PHours’ on the Programme aim.
    HTH

Claire_UoB
    Participant

Thanks Martin. That will explain it; it’s going into the wrong place.

MartynWright
    Participant

Hi

I received a reply from the ESFA service desk and OTJ hours does need to be recorded for learners returning from ABIL with a 19/20 restart date.

Thanks,
    Martyn.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.