Planned Learning Hours

Home Forums Data issues Planned Learning Hours

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Locock 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • TheEngineeringTrust
    Participant

I am very new to ESFA and I am trying to enter new starters in the ILR Entry Tool 19/20. I am struggling with where I am supposed to put the 20% off the job training hours.
    I am putting the total Planned hours (i.e. 1392) in Learner tab Funding and Monitoring Planned Learning Hours box and the Learning Delivery tab Learning Information Planned Hours but I am getting a warning that it shouldn’t exceed 1000. Should I only be putting the 20% here? Also what is the Planned employability, enrichment and pastoral hours? Should I be putting anything in here?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    It does not go on the learner tab, it is entered in the Learning delivery tab for the programme aim learning Information tab in the Planned hours: field as the 20% OTJ hours.
    HTH

TheEngineeringTrust
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for your help. The labels for the boxes do confuse.

TheEngineeringTrust
    Participant

Hi Now I have the following errors?

E 149 PHours_02 PHours=272| Planned hours must not be less than 278 hours
    E 148 PHours_02 PHours=254| Planned hours must not be less than 278 hours
    E 147 PHours_02 PHours=244| Planned hours must not be less than 278 hours
    E 145 PHours_02 PHours=272| Planned hours must not be less than 278 hours

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    278 is the Min OTJ hours for a 1 year duration at 30 hours per week, if OJH are less than that then are not eligible (see funding rules).
    HTH

TheEngineeringTrust
    Participant

Thanks Was not calculating correctly so all ok now.

Martin Locock
    Participant

According to p. 142 of the ILR spec, the planned hours should be recorded on both the aim and component.

18illy
    Participant

In which document does it say this Martin Locock? I can’t seem to find it

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Planned Hours (PHours) is on page 130 of the ILR Specifications V2 and the guidance is ‘To be recorded against the programme aim of the apprenticeship programme.’
    Not sure what you are looking at
    HTH

Martin Locock
    Participant

It’s in the Provider Support Manual – but perhaps that is only for Apprenticeship Standards (Funding Model 36).

Martin Locock
    Participant

but as Martin says, the ILR spec is probably the one to follow.

18illy
    Participant

yeah I’ve got that document, I’ve just been recording the hours on the programme aim,
    I was asking Martin Locock as his saying theres a document that states you record the hours on the component aims also

18illy
    Participant

I think it’s only to be recorded on the programme aim, that’s where I’ve been putting it anyway.

Thanks all!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    I think Page 142 of the PSM (not ILR Spec) is poorly laid out as it should only indicate PHours is returned for the Programme aim, this is also confirmed in the validation rules where the requirement is for it to be returned against aim type 1 (Programme aim).
    HTH

Martin Locock
    Participant

Thanks, yes, that makes sense.

Martin Locock
    Participant

The helpdesk have confirmed that the ILR Spec is correct (programme aim only) and the relevant section of the Provider Support Manual will be amended to conform in the next version.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.