Prior Attainment

Home Forums Data issues Prior Attainment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Simon Dukes
    Participant

Hi,

We’ve just had a letter back confirming some of our 13/14 SFA learners were incorrectly coded in regards to Prior Attainment.

So I’m running our 14/15 ILR through latest version of DSAT to at least get 14/15 looking correct. The first report I am looking at is 15S-150 Prior Attainment which has 90 records.

Am I correct in thinking that if a learner has got a prior attainment of level 3 they can only be fully funded for levels 4 and above? Would anything level 3 and under by co-funded?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Simon

ClaireS74
    Participant

Hi
    It would depend on their programme type and age…..see page 125 on in the Funding Rules 🙂

Martin West
    Participant

You would need to give more information but the link between prior attainment and full/co-funding you quote is not valid.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

I would say that if a Learner has a Prior Attainment of Level 3, say, then they could still be entered on a Level 3 course, albeit in a different discipline (so it is new and relevant learning), however they would not be eligible for Level 2 or lower funded learning.

Co-funding, as Martin observes, is not linked to the Level of the course, but to the age band of the individual Learner.

HTH,
    Caspar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.