Procured Contracts / SME non levy

Home Forums Data issues Procured Contracts / SME non levy

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Daisy2603
    Participant

Hi

Now that the apprenticeship service is opening for non levy payers and employers will have the option to reserve funding for their apprentices, Will the providers no longer be allocated an allowance for co-investment and all funding managed through the employer?

Any direction to info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

paultaylor
    Participant

Daisy2603
    Participant

Thank you.

So Should non levy new starts accessed through the apprenticeship service still be deducted from the providers procured contracts allowance or are they separate pots of funding?

If they are separate pots and we have utilised our allowance for non levy funding can we still accept new starts accessed by the apprenticeship service because they they have reserved their own funding?

Many thanks again

paultaylor
    Participant

They are separate pots of funding as far as contrcating is concerned so any non-levy apps service starts will not come out of your procured contract.

Thw limit in the apps service is for employers only (3 apprentices) and not providers until the 15,000 start cap for the first 3 months is hit

Daisy2603
    Participant

Thank you so much Paul for the speedy reply.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Daisy,
    See the revised (V2) the performance-management rules for training providers
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/801046/Apprenticeship_performance-management_rules__Version_2_.pdf
    This covers the arrangements for non- levy contracts up to the end of March 2020 and the ESFA have said that ‘Until autumn 2020 employers who do not pay the apprenticeship levy will be able to access apprenticeship training either through a provider with an existing Government contract or via the apprenticeship service. By autumn 2020 we intend for all new apprenticeship starts to be arranged through the apprenticeship service.’

It is thought that from this point contracts will no longer be required for new starts and that the ESFA will use the reservation of funding together with the known balance for non-levy procurement to be completed to monitor and manage the availability of funding for apprenticeships.
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/856899/Apprenticeship_funding_for_employers_who_do_not_pay_the_apprenticeship_levy__reservation_of_funds_guidance__from_January_2020.pdf
    HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

How will the ESFA know whether to pull the funding from your allocation (assuming you have some left), or from the new central pot? Is it simply the presence or absence of a corresponding DAS record? I’ve not heard of any separate coding to use.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    No additional coding required as Apprenticeships will have one of the following included in the funding line:
    Apprenticeship (From May 2017) Non-Levy Contract (non-procured), ACT 2 non-levy contract
    Apprenticeship Non-Levy Contract (procured), ACT 2 non-levy contract
    Apprenticeship (Employer on App Service), ACT 1 Levy or non-Levy on DAS
    It is only the later one that is funded that is not funded via a contract.
    HTH

• This reply was modified 3 days, 6 hours ago by  Martin West.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I don’t think I understand. Are you saying that, if you have a non-levy employer, who is going to create a DAS record, and you’ll claim funding through there, you record it as ACT 1? That would be a change of coding from the past. Non-levy payers have always been ACT 2 in the past.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    The Apprenticeship Contract Type (ACT) does not refer to levy/non-levy but the contract type either through a contract for services with the employer for those funded from DAS (ACT 1) or those through a contract for services with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ACT 2).
    HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Yes, but the two always matched in the past. This is going to be a massive headache for us! For the purposes of data validation, chasing up the 5% payments (before we get the reports) etc, I need to know the difference between a levy payer and non levy payer in our own data. We always did that with ACT in the past, but now we need to find a new way. It’s going to be a real pain asking the inputters to add a new field to identify whether they are a levy payer or not. The fields we can utilise to do this are on a completely different screen in the process of inputting.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    Funding line type= 19+ Apprenticeship (Employer on App Service) Non-Levy funding
    Learning delivery funding and monitoring type – apprenticeship contract type= 1

Had the first of these but it is only reported as such on the period end reports and as I use Access for reporting from the SQL FIS data it is only indicated as Funding line type= 19+ Apprenticeship (Employer on App Service).
    Looks like I will have to rework my reporting to include the funding lines from the period end reports.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Oh, that’s tedious too! Our ILR data alone will no longer indicate whether its a levy payer or not, I assume they’ll determine that for the month end reports from the DAS account with the matching record. I suspect that will throw out a lot of providers’ reports.

Chris_The_ATP
    Participant

Do we know if all providers will be visible on the FAT tool regardless of whether they are levy or not now or does the provider need to have reserved funding?

Chris

Martin West
    Participant

What and where is the FAT tool?

Chris_The_ATP
    Participant

Sorry Martin, this was the abbreviation the Course Directory Provider Portal support team used during a conversation I had with them yesterday – its the “Find Apprenticeship Training” tool on gov.uk.

Thanks

Chris

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    I do not think it has been updated due to the change where non-levy employer can use DAS so you will need to select Levy employer to show all training providers who can provide training via DAS funding.
    HTH

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.