Programme withdrawal date whilst on a break in learning

Home Forums Data issues Programme withdrawal date whilst on a break in learning

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Neil Holcroft 4 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Hi

A student was on a break in learning and now wants to withdraw from programme. As she was on a break, will her withdrawal date be her last date in learning or the date the withdrawal from processed?

Thanks

Neil

steveh
    Participant

Effectively you just change the Completion status from 6 to 3, so whatever date you’d put for the Actual End Date doesn’t/shouldn’t change.

I realise there’s a *slight* wrinkle here with the March situation, where you could put the BIL actual end as 1 April as long as you’d delivered something in March…

Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Great, thanks Steve

Participant

Hi Steve
    Can you help? at the start of the lock-down we put our apprentices on a planned break through the ILR , I have since found out that one of our employers did not pause their apprentices in April, (they paused them in June) we are looking at restarting the apprentices in August, will there be an issue because our data wont match , the employer cannot backdate the Pause ? any advice would be welcome and has other organisation had this issue.
    Thanks Sue

steveh
    Participant

Hi Sue

No, the pause doesn’t need to be dated “correctly”, they just need to be unpaused before they start again! The flow of money is dictated by the ILR, not the AS status.

I’m still yet to be convinced of any good practical reasons for an employer to use the pause unless they’re actively in dispute with a provider…

Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Hi Steve

I understand about changing the completion status which is fine. Can I just check in terms of having the correct dates on the Change in Circumstances paperwork as she was on a break, will her withdrawal date be her last date in learning or the date the withdrawal from processed?

Thanks

Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Hi Steve

I understand about changing the completion status which is fine. Can I just check in terms of having the correct dates on the Change in Circumstances paperwork as she was on a break, will her withdrawal date be her last date in learning or the date the withdrawal was processed?

Thanks

steveh
    Participant

Withdrawal date should always be the last date in learning.

Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Thanks Steve, I thought that but is there a particular reason given that you wouldn’t be receiving any funding whilst they’re on a break?
    Also, is there a maximum number of breaks that a student can have? This is for significant health reasons where we’re trying to support the learner, rather than performance etc where you’d normally draw a line under it. Thanks

steveh
    Participant

Because if their last learning is, say 21 May, but you put 2 June you’ll get an extra payment that you’re not due (particularly if the learner subsequently withdraws!).

There’s no limit to the number of breaks a learner can have, but where you’re applying multiple breaks you want *water tight* paperwork and a clear narrative of what’s going on because an auditor *will* look at it, even if they don’t appear in the sample because they’ll pop up on a PDSAT report somewhere!

Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Thanks Steve, this is when a student withdraws whilst they’re on a break. Would the withdrawal date still be their last date in learning?

steveh
    Participant

yes 😉

that’s what “always” means! 🙂

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Just to answer this question; “is there a particular reason given that you wouldn’t be receiving any funding whilst they’re on a break?” It’s because you’re not delivering, and we only get paid when we’re actually delivering.

Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Thanks Steve. I wasn’t sure if you’d caught the bit about them withdrawing whilst on a break 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.