Q&A on Submit Learner Data and FIS

Home Forums Data issues Q&A on Submit Learner Data and FIS

This topic contains 158 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  ESFA Data Collections Team 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 159 total)
  • Author
  • joncarr
    Participant

Have you spoken to external software providers about the mdb file?

Its an essential part of systems such as ProAchieve – which is used by almost every college in the country.

The idea that the ESFA weren’t aware that providers need the mdb file is unbelievable. MI staff have been banging on about it for years, every time the FIS comes up as a discussion point its the first thing we all say, we need the mdb!

SFA STAFF

Have you spoken to external software providers about the mdb file?

Its an essential part of systems such as ProAchieve – which is used by almost every college in the country.

The idea that the ESFA weren’t aware that providers need the mdb file is unbelievable. MI staff have been banging on about it for years, every time the FIS comes up as a discussion point its the first thing we all say, we need the mdb!

Reply from the ESFA

Thanks for your comments, Jon. I’ll pass them on.

TerryFord
    Participant

Jon

I had forgot about ProAchieve (we use it), heaven help anyone who uses Proachieve and who has Ofsted coming in before Xmas!

Terry

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi,

Having just tried to submit a file for R01 all appears to be working well however i appear to be getting the error below on all my pre may 2017 rollovers. These learners are fine in 18/19. I assume this is a issue with your reference data and have reported to the service desk

UKPRN_09 There is no apprenticeship funding relationship for this UKPRN

I have posted here incase it affects others for clarity on the situation. Is this something you are aware of.

Thanks

steveh
    Participant

We weren’t aware people were using the .mdb file this way before this thread. It’s useful for us to know that – so thank you.

Yeah, no, I’ve mentioned this at *every point* of development of this system and been told I’ve not been the only one to mention it. I get why you deprioritised it, but don’t make yourselves look any dafter than you need to…

jessicar
    Participant

@matt Collishaw

Do you have any outstanding contract variations to be signed?

We assumed we had this error due to that.

Martin West
    Participant

I thought the download were to be available when R01 opened?
    There are no downloads available. Please check later

GnilS
    Participant

One of my team has just informed me of this error, and has raised with the Service Desk as this is not a known error.They are going to look into it….

SFA STAFF

Hi,

Having just tried to submit a file for R01 all appears to be working well however i appear to be getting the error below on all my pre may 2017 rollovers. These learners are fine in 18/19. I assume this is a issue with your reference data and have reported to the service desk

UKPRN_09 There is no apprenticeship funding relationship for this UKPRN

I have posted here incase it affects others for clarity on the situation. Is this something you are aware of.

Thanks

Reply from the ESFA

Thanks Matt, that’s really useful feedback.

On investigation, it seems some apprenticeship contracts haven’t been issued yet. We’re working on getting clarity of exactly when they will be issued. I’ll update you when I have more on that.

On the plus side, it’s great the rule is firing as it should!

SFA STAFF

We weren’t aware people were using the .mdb file this way before this thread. It’s useful for us to know that – so thank you.

Yeah, no, I’ve mentioned this at *every point* of development of this system and been told I’ve not been the only one to mention it. I get why you deprioritised it, but don’t make yourselves look any dafter than you need to…

Reply from the ESFA

Thanks for the feedback, Steve.

SFA STAFF

I thought the download were to be available when R01 opened?
    There are no downloads available. Please check later

Reply from the ESFA

Hi Martin/Terry,

FIS will be available today – hopefully in the next hour or two.

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the update

We have had our carry in contract and it has been signed so i am assuming this an issue with reference data

Thanks again

Richard Phipps
    Participant

We are getting the UKPRN_09 error too and our contract was submitted and signed.

Emma M
    Participant

I still can’t see the LET 1920 available for download – when can we get it?

SFA STAFF

Hi,

Thank you for the update

We have had our carry in contract and it has been signed so i am assuming this an issue with reference data

Thanks again

Reply from the ESFA

Hmmm – ok, thanks Martin. We’re looking into it a bit more then. Bear with us. I’ll get back to you shortly.

SFA STAFF

We are getting the UKPRN_09 error too and our contract was submitted and signed.

Reply from the ESFA

Bear with me, Richard. We’re investigating further. Will be back with you shortly.

SFA STAFF

Hi,

Thank you for the update

Thanks again

Reply from the ESFA
    Hi Martin,

The team has investigated further and everything is pointing to a contract issue. Can you speak to your provider manager so they can check the contracts please?

SFA STAFF

Reply from the ESFA

Hi Richard,

Everything seems to be pointing to the contracts not being signed for this issue. Please can you talk to your provider manager so they can check everything’s as it should be with the contract?

davej
    Participant

Hi,
    just managed to do an upload for P1 on submit learner data. Getting a few new errors that I’ve never seen before.

1. There is no Adult skills funding relationship for this UKPRN
    This is happening for starts in 19/20 on both ESFA and CA-funded contracts.
    Also getting it for some learners who started last year, for whom we don’t get errors in the P13 upload.
    I only signed out 19/20 AEB contract this morning, so could this be the issue?

2. There is no apprenticeship funding relationship for this UKPRN
    I’ve not got any new contract to sign, so am unsure why this errors (but again doesn’t for P13 upload).

SFA STAFF

Hi,
    just managed to do an upload for P1 on submit learner data. Getting a few new errors that I’ve never seen before.

1. There is no Adult skills funding relationship for this UKPRN
    This is happening for starts in 19/20 on both ESFA and CA-funded contracts.
    Also getting it for some learners who started last year, for whom we don’t get errors in the P13 upload.
    I only signed out 19/20 AEB contract this morning, so could this be the issue?

2. There is no apprenticeship funding relationship for this UKPRN
    I’ve not got any new contract to sign, so am unsure why this errors (but again doesn’t for P13 upload).

Reply from the ESFA

Hi Dave,

On investigation we’re pretty confident it is a contracts issue. Please can you talk to your provider manager so they can look at your specific organisation and confirm for you?

SFA STAFF

I still can’t see the LET 1920 available for download – when can we get it?

Reply from the ESFA

Hi there,

It’ll be released very shortly – we’re working on it right now. It’ll be here when it’s live: https://submitlearnerdatabeta.fasst.org.uk/public-downloads/LearnerEntry

Richard Phipps
    Participant

I’ve just ran the same ILR file through the new FIS software and it isn’t listing the UKPRN_06 and UKPRN_09 errors.

The new FIS is giving us 42 FworkCode_05 errors, but there are only 23 coming up in the new Submit Learner Data site.

All the other error counts match up..

GnilS
    Participant

UKPRN_09 Error.

We are also receiving this error, we have logged onto SFS to double check we have all contracts have been signed and have the email confirmations for these. We have nothing outstanding.

steveh
    Participant

UKPRN_09 happens to a handful of organisations every year, look, here it is from two years ago:

http://feconnect.education.gov.uk/forums/topic/ukprn_09-error/

warrilowk
    Participant

Hi

Any news on FIS release please?

thanks
    Kate

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Q&A on Submit Learner Data and FIS’ is closed to new replies.