Q&A on Submit Learner Data and FIS

Home Forums Data issues Q&A on Submit Learner Data and FIS

This topic contains 158 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  ESFA Data Collections Team 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 151 through 159 (of 159 total)
  • Author
  • OFFS
    Participant

Hi Martin, This error message relates to a different ‘planned hours’ field, recorded at learner level. For FM36 the planned off the job hours are submitted under field PHours on the programme aim. Either the data is being entered to the wrong field or whatever system is exporting incorrectly – or the FIS/SLD validation is similarly confused.

The full message is:
    “The sum of the Planned learning hours and the Planned employability, enrichment and pastoral hours should not be greater than 1,000 hours”

PlanLearnHours and PlanEEPHours are not captured for Apprenticeships.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  OFFS.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    If it is warning PlanLearnHours_04 then this relates to the planned hours returned on the learner record.
    The validation for Apprenticeships programme planned hours are PHours_01 and PHours_02 which validate that it must be returned and not less than 278 hours respectively.
    HTH

Martin Locock
    Participant

thanks – yes this was the problem. I’m using the Learner Entry tool which doesn’t show the field names.

OFFS
    Participant

Yes, they should have made the title more distinct in the original spec, or at least on screen. Maybe there is an intention to use Phours for something else later on ?

OFFS
    Participant

BTW, ESFA are making updates to their original post on this topic, advising on changes, developments, releases etc.
    However these don’t seem to generate emails so people subscribed to the topic may not be aware of the updates. Could the ESFA data collection team add a new post after each update please, so that people at least get a prompt to look at their original post. Thanks.

warrilowk
    Participant

Hi

Is there currently an issue with the FIS 1920 app please?

I managed two runs and on the third it’s telling me to close it and report to service desk if problem continues

many thanks
    Kate

SFA STAFF

thanks – yes this was the problem. I’m using the Learner Entry tool which doesn’t show the field names.

Yes, they should have made the title more distinct in the original spec, or at least on screen. Maybe there is an intention to use Phours for something else later on ?

Reply from the ESFA

Hi

The Learner Entry Tool field names should match the ILR Specification but we don’t include the xml element name, we’ll make sure this is user researched for next year and we’ll pass on your feedback to the ILR Specification team.

Thanks

SFA STAFF

Is there currently an issue with the FIS 1920 app please?

I managed two runs and on the third it’s telling me to close it and report to service desk if problem continues

Reply from the ESFA

Hi

We’re not aware of any issues with FIS and you should be able to run your file through as many times as you need to.

If you’re experiencing problems please contact the service desk so it can be investigated

SFA STAFF

Based on the feedback we’ve received about the MDB file we have reprioritised the delivery of this to bring it forward. We can’t give a confirmed release date at the minute, but we will make sure we post a message on here when we have an update on a release date.

Viewing 9 posts - 151 through 159 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Q&A on Submit Learner Data and FIS’ is closed to new replies.