QAR 19-20 for standards – Overall achievement

Home Forums Data issues QAR 19-20 for standards – Overall achievement

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tracey McGaulley 20 minutes ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Lauracahill
    Participant

Hi

If a learner completed the practical period before 31st July 2020 and assume the planned end date also before 31st July 2020, and then subsequently achieved afterwards, is the Learning actual end date the trigger for inclusion for overall achievement or the achievement date to confirm which cohort year they fall into. My assumption would be they would sit in the 19-20 cohort in this scenario. The ESFA then use P1-P4 data to capture the outcome. Are there any flexibilities on the recording of outcomes if delays are Covid related?

Thanks

steveh
    Participant

it’s Achievement Date, so EPAs completed after 1 August will have a Hybrid End Year of 20/21.

The only current flexibility is they aint publishing the rates by provider!!!

I’m going to do a webinar about this soon, follow me on twitter @stevehewittmis for details.

Lauracahill
    Participant

Thanks for confirming Steve

Tracey McGaulley
    Participant

Hi Steve, sorry to ask but I am now a little confused. I originally assumed that the overall achievement date would be used for standards but we then had notification from our software provider that the date used to calculate QAR for standards in 19/20 is the learning actual end date (so end of practical period) not the overall achievement date. I now understand you to say above that it is the achievement date ?

Also what would you class as the achievement date – the date the last element of EPA was sat or the date of/on the results notification from the EPA – as I am sure you are aware these do differ, often by a good few weeks!

I have been looking for the QAR technical guidance for 19/20 but have been unable to find it – probably not issued as yet ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.