R01 2017 to 2018

Home Forums Data issues R01 2017 to 2018

This topic contains 59 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  sophie 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Author
  • Martin West
    Participant

The data collections for R01 was due to start today Wednesday 23 August 2017 at 09:00 but still no working ILR Entry software or FIS 2017/18 component set has been released.

Would it be too much to expect the ESFA to tell us what is going on or what plan B is?

Debbie Bell
    Participant

this is really frustrating. My question is – will they still open R01 for 2 weeks or will it be a shorter time to make up for the fact that they are not ready? This is the first time for us as a new provider – does this happen every year?

chrisbradley
    Participant

Absolutely Martin, disgusting is a polite description of this entire set up nowadays. When I continually make reference to which subcontractor is doing what, paid how much and who if anyone is actually in control it receives zero reaction. Woe betide if a contract holder defaults on the subcontracting audit.
    Debbie, as far as working with the LSC, sorry SFA, sorry ESFA it is one way traffic, always has been however in recent times worse than ever. They say jump and providers jump however the ESFA possess no mirrors to have a reflect upon what they do.
    Chris

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Debbie,
    Sorry to say ‘YES’ this is a normal occurrence but in previous years they have been able to pay Providers against profile. For Providers who now get paid through DAS accounts I do not know what they can do.
    Regards

warrilowk
    Participant

Hi….fellow sufferers

This message has appeared on The Hub, possibly as a result of Martin’s post here

“The opening of R01 has been delayed as we are still working to resolve some identified defects.

We apologise for this inconvenience, but please be assured we are working hard to open R01 as soon as possible.

We are hoping to make FIS 1718 available later today so that you can validate your files.

We will provide an update at 2pm.”

Happy new year!
    Kate

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Absolutely disgraceful.

Payment on Profile and/or best generous guess would be the most equitable.

One must wonder whether those who dictate the deadlines ever talk to those who are struggling to get the software to work. If they do then their victims out here never get to hear of it.

Caspar

Richard Phipps
    Participant

The new 17/18 data sets became available for me at around 12 today. I’ve just ran a 17/18 ILR file through them but they error in the FIS:

– Task Started
    Execute Copy to Working Schema Script
    – Task Started
    – Task Error
    – Task Error

I’ve tried it twice with the same result..

Richard

Martin West
    Participant

Hi All,
    It looks like they have issued the Beta version as it basically does no calculations or reporting for FM 36.
    I have test it and it does process an ILR but does not indicate validation as errors or warnings.
    AS much use as a chocolate fireguard that’s if you had the ILR Entry software to create an ILR file in the first place if you do not have an XML capable MI system.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Maybe they released that early by mistake? I can’t see why they would push that out there if it does no calculations or validations.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    It may not work as it should but at least they have issue it, that’s how they will see it.

Martin West
    Participant

Just a thought maybe they left out the validation so that those who use the Entry software for FM 36 would still be able to summit a file for R01 as it would not fail validation.

If only they would communicate !!!

Richard Phipps
    Participant

I’ve just done an update and it’s said ‘Removing 17/18 ILR configuration’

Which it’s done, but nothing to replace it yet.. 🙂

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

I have just had to completely reinstall my FIS after trying to run an 17/18 ILR through it got stuck in an loop and crashed – Wouldn’t advise it 🙂

sampage
    Participant

The FIS updates became available for me late morning.

I have tried running a 16/17 FIS just on ‘rule violation report as CSV’ which looks like it has worked – certainly is more like what I would have expected – but who has any confidence?!

I have tried running a 17/18 FIS just on ‘rule violation report as CSV’ which has failed dismally. It has created a report but the error/warning column is incomplete, the error message column is incomplete and it seems to have put ALL of our learners in the report – very difficult to understand with the limited information and I am struggling to believe that every live learner we have should be showing on the rule violation report!!

I have checked on HUB to see if I can use that and there is still the following message:

The opening of R01 has been delayed as we are still working to resolve some identified defects.
    We apologise for this inconvenience, but please be assured we are working hard to open R01 as soon as possible.
    We are hoping to make FIS 1718 available later today so that you can validate your files.
    We will provide an update at 2pm.

Will be contacting Service desk!

Martin West
    Participant

They have now removed it

sampage
    Participant

As a post note have just got through to service desk and they have told me they do not know what time this afternoon it will be updated but it will be at some point today so in theory when we all come in tomorrow it will be ready for us!

Good luck everyone …………..

SFA data
    Participant

Hi,

FIS 1718 was temporarily available to some users at lunchtime, as this was a beta version for software writers we have now removed it.

We are expecting to release the full version of 1718 FIS this afternoon.

We apologise for this inconvenience and we will provide an update at 3pm.

Kind regards
    Lynne

sampage
    Participant

Lynne

Surely all the beta testing should have been done by now? You have had the new rules for a lot longer than we have and we are expected to be ready …….

Is our window for upload going to be extended?

Sam

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sam,
    I think it is ESFA policy to never admit they have made a mistake so what Lynne has said should be interoperated as:
    Sorry we issued the Beta version in error.

As for extending the window we will just have to wait and see.
    As for the ILR Entry Software we will just have to wait and see.
    HTH

sampage
    Participant

I’m not commenting I might end up saying something I will regret!!

Richard Phipps
    Participant

New message on the Hub:

“FIS 1718 is now available for all users.

Please be aware that the amalgamation procedure is not working correctly, a fix for this will be deployed in a later version.

We will be publishing a known issues document on gov.uk tomorrow.

​The opening of R01 has been delayed as we are still working to resolve some identified defects.

We will provide at 9.30am tomorrow, 24th August.”

I’ve updated the FIS and it’s now downloaded the new 17/18 data. I’ve tried to run an ILR file through it twice and it fails:

” Setup Reference Data
    – Task Started
    – Task Error”

I’m getting fed up now.. 🙁

SFA data
    Participant

Hi,

FIS 1718 is now available for all users.

Please be aware that the amalgamation procedure is not working correctly, a fix for this will be deployed in a later version.

We will be publishing a known issues document on gov.uk tomorrow.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Kind regards
    Lynne

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Lynne: I’ve just tried it (see my earlier comment):

I’ve updated the FIS and it’s now downloaded the new 17/18 data. I’ve tried to run an ILR file through it twice and it fails:

” Setup Reference Data
    – Task Started
    – Task Error”

HELP?

Neleh
    Participant

I’m having exactly the same issue!

lharkins
    Participant

Imagine my excitement after updating FIS at 2:30 to see that the 17/18 config was available. Hence i rushed to create an export file and run it through FIS so i could at last do my job and offer our SMT some valuable data for 2017/18

Then imagine my disappointment to see the message “Task Error” which turned out to be an “Execution error” that occurred during execution. Those pesky 0008 (TsqlTask) failures ‘tsk…’

So please i did not tell my CEO it was ready to rock and roll

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.