R02 Apprenticeships payments update

Home Forums Data issues R02 Apprenticeships payments update

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  simon2513 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Providers will be aware that there have been issues with the datamatch process in the apprenticeship service following the transition to the new Submit Learner Data service earlier this year. This has affected the way we make payments to you and also the availability of reports. We restored the datamatch report before the deadline for submitting your R02 ILR on 4 October. We have also restored the payments service for transactions that are paid from employer accounts in the apprenticeship service, and this ensures training providers are paid correctly. All other apprenticeship payments (including additional payments, learning support payments, Maths and English payments for levy funded apprenticeships, and all payments for non-levy apprenticeships) will continue to be processed separately and shown clearly on the remittance statement you receive. While this does not affect the payments due to be made to training providers, it does mean there are some ongoing issues with reports that providers should be aware of;

– The apprenticeship monthly payment report will only show transactions that are paid from the employer accounts in the apprenticeship service
    – The co-investment report will not be produced
    – The additional payments report will not be produced
    – The period end funding summary report will not be produced

Reconciling your remittance

Your payment in October combines two sets of funding that you earned between two specific periods:
    1. your 2018 to 2019 R12 and R13 ILR submissions
    2. your 2019 to 2020 R01 and R02 ILR submissions
    We combine these sets of payments into one single payment transactions on your remittance advice.

Your payments between R12-R13 are detailed as usual in your 2018 to 2019 Apps Monthly Payment reports in the R13 columns.
    For payments between R01-R02:
    • the payments affecting levy accounts, including co-investment for levy accounts which have been exhausted, will be detailed as usual in your R02 Apps Monthly Payment Report; these will be shown in the relevant R02 columns. Please note that the figures in the R02 column will contain R01 and R02 payments.
    • All other payments (English, maths, learning support, and additional payments for levy apprenticeships, and all payments for non-levy apprenticeships) will be detailed in your R02 Apps Indicative Earnings Report as usual, but will not be shown in your Apps Monthly Payment Report. Learners that appear in your Apps Indicative Earnings Report may be subject to a data lock; to understand which learners you have been paid for, please cross check this report with your data match report.

Please use the Apps Monthly Payments report to identify the amount of co-investment required for levy apprentices whilst the co-investment report is not available.

For your Funding model 36 apprenticeships, on your remittance advice for October you will see negative payments in October which cancel out the positive payments you received in September for period R01. These will be replaced by new payments which reflect total payments for the 2019 to 2020 year so far, combined with the R13 payments.

Any FM36 apprenticeship claims you have made on your Earnings Adjustment Statement for the 2018/2019 funding year will be included in these payments, but any FM36 apprenticeship claims you have made on your Earnings Adjustment Statement for 2019/2020 will not be included in these payments.

We appreciate the ongoing impact these issues are having to our users and are working to restore the remaining services as quickly as possible.

Martin West
    Participant

Give us a clue, where and when is the R02 Apps Monthly Payment Report published?

SFA STAFF

Hi Martin,

The reports are available now on Submit Learner Data, you can access them on the History tab.

Thanks
    ESFA Data Collections

Martin West
    Participant

Some guidance always helps, but should have looked there
    Thanks

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Please can I ask for clarification on the employer incentives?

Are they being paid to Providers?

Are Providers exempt from any obligation to pass these on to employers in the absence of the necessary information to say who should get what?

Many thanks,
    Caspar

AnnaF
    Participant

To follow up on Caspar request, please could we have clarification as our Chairman is asking the same question

Many Thanks
    Anna

Emma Kershaw
    Participant

Hi All

Having the same query, I believe we may have been paid the employer incentives but this has just been included in the 16-18 Apps payment line on the remittance, and not separate as it always has been before, can someone confirm if this is correct?

I know it’s indicative but you can filter down to see who your payments are meant for, to be able to pay employers, if it’s confirmed we have had the payment as such.

Thanks Emma

NinaManEx
    Participant

When will we get co-funding reports? You said that they are not being generated – i was under the impression from the helpdesk that a consolidated co-funding report would be generated for R01 and R02 – we have not invoiced our Levy exhausted companies on the basis that we match the co-funding report – please explain what i’m missing here?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The Apps Monthly Payment Report indicates the co-investment (below band upper limit) due from employers in R02 (column BC)
    This is a period end report that is available on the Reports history tab on the SLD.
    HTH

Smoss
    Participant

Hi
    Just saw this by chance, had assumed there wasn’t a monthly apps report avialable. But the Apps Monthly Payment Report R02 in the history tab doesn’t have all our apprentices on. Am I missing something again?
    Still trying to reconcile remittance advice.

Martin West
    Participant

Only show transactions that are paid from the employer accounts in the apprenticeship service, so it excludes non-levy payments.

RmPmC
    Participant

Newbie here trying to get to grips with reconciling and such.

“Your payment in October combines two sets of funding that you earned between two specific periods:
    1. your 2018 to 2019 R12 and R13 ILR submissions
    2. your 2019 to 2020 R01 and R02 ILR submissions
    We combine these sets of payments into one single payment transactions on your remittance advice.
    Your payments between R12-R13 are detailed as usual in your 2018 to 2019 Apps Monthly Payment reports in the R13 columns.”

If I’ve understood correctly, the latest payment is therefore R01 and R02 for 1920, less what was “provisionally” paid out for August, plus or minus any R13 impacts for 1819? Assuming my understanding is correct, I’d like to isolate the cash impact of any R13 changes made. So my question based on the above statement is where is the Apps Monthly Report for 1819 showing the R13 adjustments please? On SLD I can find the R02 Apps Monthly report, but not any others, nor do any appear on the old Hub. Or am I missing the obvious?

Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    R13 payments are shown on the Apps Monthly Payment Report from the Period end download from the HUB in column EQ.
    There was no R01 report but the R02 report shows the total for R01 and R02 in column BI.
    HTH

RmPmC
    Participant

Thanks Martin

Now found the R13 reports and can see what has been adjusted in this run. Maybe jumped back too far when scrolling to find them before. All I had were indicative not actuals.

Mark.Palmer
    Participant

Is it Us or is it No Levy Apprentices appearing on the Monthly payment report?

I Have been trying to reconcile what we have been paid against what the Monthly payment report for R2 and R13 say but can not. even looked at the Apps indicative earn report. and cannot get the figures to balance.

Emma M
    Participant

I feel like I’m being a little dense – but I cannot get my figures to balance either. We have no data locks in R01 or R02 – I don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any hints or tips to share?

Martin West
    Participant

Emma M
    Participant

Thanks Martin. Is it fair to assume then that it’s not going to be easy to accurately reconcile anything until at least R03?

Georgia Leigh Smyth
    Participant

Hi,

Has anybody had confirmation that we’ve definitely been paid the additonal payments in with our normal remittance?
    I can see a few of us were unsure and I’ve not had anything offically confirming this from the ESFA so wanted to see if anyone else has before we process any payments?

Thanks!

Caspar Verney
    Participant

I have posted above asking the ESFA if Providers are exempt from paying these additional payments due to the mess all of the reports are in such that it is so unclear, but they have declined to respond which makes it even more unclear.

IMHO it would be unwise to pay out, as if the ESFA decide it is incorrect then you may not be able to get the money back (especially if the recipient decided not to play ball).

However if anybody can get anything with a cast iron guarantee then I am sure there are many people in the same boat.

HTH,
    Caspar

Emma M
    Participant

Having dug in a little more the problem is all with our 19+ apprentices in the reporting – the difference between the amount we’ve been paid and the R02 report is over £6000. We definitely don’t have that much in FS, so I can’t explain the discrepancy. The few 16-18 apprentices we have seems to match perfectly.

chrisrobs
    Participant

Can somebody please clarify where I can find the additional payments report please? or do I have to wait until R03 is finalised and paid to us?

Thanks

NinaManEx
    Participant

Still needing co-funding reports for non-levy? – Also some Levy companies missing from the Payment report, as well as the App indicative reports not even covering R01 and R02 – am i missing something here?

Martin West
    Participant

They are aiming to produce payment and reconciliation reports for R03

chrisrobs
    Participant

Thanks Martin I spoke with the ESFA support team this morning and they have confirmed that they should be sorted for R03.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.