R03 Apprenticeship Payment Reports

Home Forums Data issues R03 Apprenticeship Payment Reports

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  paultaylor 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

For R03 we have fully automated all non-levy apprenticeship payments.

This means only additional payments, learning support payments, framework uplift, Maths and English payments (all for apprenticeships for employers with levy accounts) will continue to be processed separately this month.

We have not calculated payments from the earnings adjustment statement relating to apprenticeships which started since May 2017 (Funding model 36 apprenticeships).

We have published the following apprenticeship funding reports, although please note what is included in these:
    • The apprenticeship monthly payment report – this will show transactions that have been paid through the payments service. However, for apprentices with employers who have levy accounts, some payments will not be included on this report (additional payments, framework uplift, learning support payments, Maths and English payments).
    • The apprenticeship co-investment contributions report – this will be fully populated
    • The apprenticeship additional payments report – this will show transactions for non-levy apprenticeships (Apprenticeship contract type 2). Apprentices with employers who have levy accounts will not yet be visible on this report.

We have not released the period end Funding Summary report. This report will be available at R04.

We are aware of the impact the missing transactions is having to providers and we are working to restore these final transaction types as soon as possible.

Reconciling your remittance
    Your payment in November combines two sets of funding that you earned between two specific periods:
    1. your 2018 to 2019 R13 and R14 ILR submissions
    2. your 2019 to 2020 R02 and R03 ILR submissions
    We combine these sets of payments into one single payment transaction on your remittance advice.

Your payments between R13-R14 are detailed as usual in your 2018 to 2019 Apps Monthly Payment reports in the R14 columns in your reports on the Hub.

For payments between R02-R03:
    • All the payments for non-levy apprenticeships will be detailed as usual in your R03 Apps Monthly Payment Report on Submit Learner Data; these will be shown in the relevant R03 columns. Your R01 and R02 columns will be blank, and will remain blank for the remainder of the year, as all delivery since the start of August that you have recorded so far will be included in R03 payments.
    • All the payments affecting levy accounts, including co-investment for levy accounts which have been exhausted, for levy apprenticeships (whose employers have a levy account) will also be detailed as usual in your R03 Apps Monthly Payment Report on Submit Learner Data; these will be shown in the relevant R02 and R03 columns. Your R01 column will be blank, and will remain blank for the remainder of the year, as all your delivery in August and September as at your R02 ILR submission was included in your R02 payments, and any further delivery in your R03 ILR has been included as your R03 payments as normal.
    • All other payments for levy apprentices (whose employers have a levy account), including English, maths, learning support, framework uplift, and additional payments, will be detailed in your R03 Apps Indicative Earnings Report as usual, but will not be shown in your Apps Monthly Payment Report. Learners that appear in your Apps Indicative Earnings Report may be subject to a data lock. To understand which learners you have been paid for, please cross check this report with your data match report.

chrisbradley
    Participant

Why is it taking so long to sort out?

steveh
    Participant

This is unacceptable in general but this bit:

We combine these sets of payments into one single payment transaction on your remittance advice.

absolutely takes the biscuit…

How on earth is anyone meant to untangle these payments?

chrisbradley
    Participant

Indeed Steve, I am not lost for words, the ones I have are not appropriate to put in print. Blood boils!!! This is simply amateurish and as if the excuses given are to be accepted without comment.

Martin West
    Participant

I did ask the question prior to R01 and the answer from the ESFA was:

The dual running of Submit Learner Data and the Hub in 2018 to 2019 has meant we’ve been able to identify and fix many of the issues for Submit Learner Data for launch. So we’re very confident that reporting will be correct.

Most Providers have now either given up or do not have the resources to attempt reconciling funding and they are just hoping the ESFA can get it right by the end of the year.

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hi Martin and Steve,

that is a problem as I know from the very detailed work I complete that the ESFA is actually missing payments again. I have flagged this several weeksa ago and still no answer or correction made at period 3. It takes an almighty effort to keep ahead of this game for sure.

paultaylor
    Participant

As above, this is not acceptable. Combining the payments reports in this way creates an awful lot of confusion.

It would have been simpler if you just paid on profile or off the indicative report and then reconciled this once the reports were ready.

Paul Rogers
    Participant

Hello,

Could you please clarify what is meant by:

This means only additional payments, learning support payments, framework uplift, Maths and English payments (all for apprenticeships for employers with levy accounts) will continue to be processed separately this month.

Will this be a seperate payment that will be raised at a later date, or has it been included in the amount paid to providers already this month?

Paul.

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hi Paul,

I have managed to reconcile the remittance detail and the additional payments are all lumped together in the line “levy template manual payment” listed. This has been worked out by the ESFA as the total cumulative figure earned to date less the amounts paid at P1 and P2 however the stupid aspect to this is that the additional payments made at P1 were all lumped in as one overall payment along with the levy payment made.

It is a mess.

steveh
    Participant

Also, I have to shudder at the idea that payments up until now HAVE NOT BEEN AUTOMATED!!! Has someone been sat with a slide rule and an abacus working it out?

chrisbradley
    Participant

No Steve, 11 and above it is shoes and socks off!!

Paul Rogers
    Participant

Thanks Chris, Its the only part of the process that I am unable to see and determined this is what the gap in payment must be for, but from what you suggest, I need to keep looking as to why the payment is lower than expected!?!?!

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Totally unacceptable.

As asked previously, does this therefore exempt Providers from the requirements to pass on Employer Incentive payments if they cannot work out who they are for?

And likewise are all performance monitoring measures suspended? This is making it impossible!

Very angry.

Darren Hands
    Participant

We have noticed that they (the ESFA) appear to have credited the amounts paid for R02 last month and we believe they have then made a new payment for the three periods (1 – 3) but appear to have missed some of the additional payments in doing so. Would have been easier to have paid the difference to bring it up to YTD values.
    We’re still working on reconciling our remittance at the moment.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

This is awful.

If these were all new reports that’s one thing. But these are all reports that were working for the last few years, so the logic for all of them was already developed and working.

Why they can’t replicate the same reports and why it’s taking so long is beyond me.

steveh
    Participant

I mean, it’s only two years they’ve been reliable [has flashbacks to early 17/18], but yes, it’s not like anything has *changed* in what and how they’re paying us…

AlisonBlack
    Participant

I see the ESFA data collections team advise that they have published a fully populated apprenticeship co-investment contributions report, monthly payments report and the additional payments report but I cannot locate them anywhere. The only reports available to me are the final submission reports that have the usual indicative reports. Am I going to the wrong place to locate them?

steve1700
    Participant

Totally unacceptable, the November remittance advice effectively includes the reconciliation for R13 and R14 2018/19 but how are we supposed to reconcile payments when you cannot identify what relates to this year and last year. We used to have lines on the remittance that said R14 reconciliation at least then you knew what was being paid or paid back for the previous year. What a mess!

chrisbradley
    Participant

Agreed. The first year which really started in May 2017 was a challenging period personally however I got myself sorted with internal templates for closely monitoring performance. We had the glitch if you recall with the wild functional skills payment around period 5 or 6 from memory in the 2017/18 contract year but otherwise all good.

Last year was a breeze by comparison with everything set up and well understood so what has really happened? Talk about taking 10 steps backwards!

steveh
    Participant

Alison!

They’re on the tab called History (inc reports), marked as Period end reports.

You’re not going to the wrong place, it’s just not clearly labelled!!!

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Agreed, they shouldn’t be in the history tab if they aren’t also in the reports tab.

AlisonBlack
    Participant

Thanks Steve!

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hello everyone,

like your good selves I have now spent two very long days trying to separate out the 2018/19 year final reconciliation payments from the period 2 and 3 remittance statements and found it impossible.

I would like to propose that we insist that given the ESFA has the detail for how they have worked out the 2018/19 amounts to reconcile they give us a separate set of reports showing these amounts.

The current situation of not being able to clearly the current year payments in isolation due to the 2018/19 being wrapped up within them means the rest of this year is never going to be wholly accurate from our perspective as the basic building block i.e. the amount received to date is ambiguous.

Anyone else with me?

Louise Clarke
    Participant

Has everyone received their remittance for R03 as we haven’t received ours yet and isn’t on the contracts & payments website?

paultaylor
    Participant

I wouldn’t waste any time trying to unpick the reports or reconcile them. The funding reported will not be exact but will be in the right area.

It would be better if the ESFA spent their energies fixing the reports so that they are correct for R04. If they are correct then we will have a year to date picture on income which will correct all previous reports.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.