R03 funding reports

Home Forums Data issues R03 funding reports

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Caspar Verney
    Participant

Latest heads-up (5/11/13) from the IA/Data Service is that the Funding Reports are currently inaccurate. Straight after the R03 hard close FIS will be taken down for further updates and by Monday 11th November it should be up again and “hopefully” with far better funding reports.

The SFA have said that they will be paying Providers who have exceeded Profile by more than £1,000 over Periods 1-3, but that this will not happen until 2 weeks after the Profile payment (see http://skillsfundingagency.bis.gov.uk/providers/allthelatest/Payments_and_Data/ ). This means that by then there should be slightly better funding reporting available by then, however it does not help us on firework day (let’s hope it is not too damp!).

HTH
    Caspar

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Caspar,
    If the funding reports, LARS extract and validation rules in FIS are not fit for purpose, what was the point of R03 excepting for the agencies to save face.
    How do we know if we have exceeded profile?
    Ostrich with head in sand comes to mind.

lapsed_user
    Participant

In relation to funding data, the report I used a lot in LIS was the ‘Learning Delivery level export of ER funding’ which put all of the learning aims, learner details and funding by period into a massive spreadsheet, however I cannot see something like this in the FIS Beta, any ideas?

Steve

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    You can get what you require from the FIS mdb export.
    You first have to create a table (ASBFunding) that has the following fields plus fields for each period(Aug – Jul).
    Use the following Queries to populate and update the table and the use the access report wizard to format a report. Repeat SQLAug for each month but with changes to month and period (Sep and 2 so on)
    This will give a detailed funding report for each learner that reconciles with the SFA summary funding report.

SQLASB = “INSERT INTO ASBFunding ( LearnRefNumber, FamilyName, GivenNames, AimSeqNumber, AimType, ProgType, Fwk, Start, Pend, Aend, LearnAimRef, AimTitle, Funding, [From] )” _
    & ” SELECT Learner.LearnRefNumber, Learner.FamilyName, Learner.GivenNames, LearningDelivery.AimSeqNumber, LearningDelivery.AimType, LearningDelivery.ProgType, LearningDelivery.FworkCode, LearningDelivery.LearnStartDate, LearningDelivery.LearnPlanEndDate, LearningDelivery.LearnActEndDate, LearningDelivery.LearnAimRef, LearningDelivery.AimTitle, LearningDelivery.LrnDelDV_FundLine_Sfa, Learner.FileName” _
    & ” FROM Learner INNER JOIN LearningDelivery ON Learner.Learner_Id = LearningDelivery.Learner_Id” _
    & ” ORDER BY Learner.LearnRefNumber, LearningDelivery.LearnStartDate;”

SQLAug = “UPDATE ASBFunding INNER JOIN FM35_LearningDelivery_Period ON (ASBFunding.LearnRefNumber = FM35_LearningDelivery_Period.LearnRefNumber) AND (ASBFunding.AimSeqNumber = FM35_LearningDelivery_Period.AimSeqNumber) SET ASBFunding.Aug = IIf(IsNull([FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_OnProgPayment]),0,[FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_OnProgPayment])+IIf(IsNull([FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_AchievePayment]),0,[FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_AchievePayment])+IIf(IsNull([FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_BalancePayment]),0,[FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_BalancePayment])+IIf(IsNull([FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_EmpOutcomePay]),0,[FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_OnProgPaymentUncapped])+IIf(IsNull([FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_LearnSuppFundCash]),0,[FM35_LearningDelivery_Period]![LrnDelDV_LearnSuppFundCash])WHERE (((FM35_LearningDelivery_Period.Period)=1));”

Caspar Verney
    Participant

With regard to knowing if we have exceeded Profile or not, the answer here is that before the R03 hard close you cannot. Sometime towards the end of November we should have a better view and reports available to make that assessment and presumably the SFA will be using those yet-to-be-created reports in order to decide whether to pay anything over and above Profile (as per their announcements). In the meantime fingers should be crossed.

By the end of November we are also being expected to prepare and submit R04 Returns and then have Performance Management applied, however will anything be fit for purpose in sufficient timescales? Certainly the Authorities are showing a brave and optimistic face to this. Please see http://feconnect.education.gov.uk/forums/topic/is-it-appropriate-to-have-performance-management-at-r04/ if anyone would care to pass further comment on this.

Many thanks,
    Caspar

Caspar Verney
    Participant

With regard to Steve’s query: whilst Martin’s suggestion is very cunning, really this is a deficiency in FIS that you should highlight to the Data Service. Did they forget to put this into the FIS Specification, I wonder? Or is it being held back for the Live version?

I must recommend that Steve (and anyone else who needs this report) takes this up with the Data Service Service Desk.

lapsed_user
    Participant

Hi Casper/Martin,

I already have contacted the Data Service about this and a few other things but am not getting information back from them at the moment. However I am hoping that this report will be in the final version as it was very useful in LIS and to be honest I don’t really understand Martins way of doing things using the access database, it shouldn’t be this difficult for us all to get the info we need! 🙁

Hopefully either the Data Service will respond to me soon or they will release an update to FIS/final version which will fix things, not sure which one is more likely to happen first! :-O

Thanks

Steve

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    You can download the report programme from the following link; suggest you use the 2003 version as this should work with all versions of Office.
    http://www.wblsoftware.co.uk/wblsoftware/Downloads.html

Caspar Verney
    Participant

I have finally had a response from the Data Service about the report ‘Learning Delivery level export of ER funding’ as shown below. If you do not agree with it then you must complain to the Data Service, otherwise nothing more will happen.

Hello Caspar,

It’s not a known issue so it was not included in the Known Issues document. We will however, look to include it in a future release.

There is no exact FIS equivalent for the “Learning Delivery level export of ER funding” report, but perhaps the PFR Occupancy Report would be the next best thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.