R68 Error and EPAOrgID_03 error?

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues R68 Error and EPAOrgID_03 error?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Mark@Tempdent
    Spectator

Hi all,

Just wanting to check that this is correct as I’ve not seen this error before and it does not seem to make sense!!

We have a levy funded learner who started in October 2018 who went on a BIL in January 2019. His original POT was paused (Completion6/Achievement3) and then subsequently made a leaver (Completion/Achievement 3/3) when he restarted.

Original financial details were recorded as

TNP1 – Total training cost £8400
    TNP2 – Total assessment cost £600
    Totalling £9000

ACT Code – 1-Employer

A 2nd POT was then created for his return date of March 2020 with a new expected end date of December 2020.

TNP1 – Residual training cost £2600
    TNP2 – Residual assessment price £600
    Totalling £3200

ACT Code 1-Employer

I’m now getting the aforementioned R68 and EPAOrgID3 errors when running the error report which seems confusing because:

A – if a learner is returning from a BIL to the same levy employer, why would we not record the ACT code as the same as before? He is not re-starting with a non-levy employer!

B – The EPA awarding body code is recorded on both POTs and the assessment price is also recorded so I don’t understand why it’s saying that it isn’t?

Can anyone please shed some light on this and where I may be going wrong? If you need further information, please let me know!

Thanks 🙂

Martin West
    Spectator

Hi Mark,
    EPAOrgID_03
    If the End point assessment organisation has been returned (LearningDelivery.EPAOrgID is known) there must be an associated price record
    (error where there is no record where (AppFinRecord.AFinType = TNP and AppFinRecord.AFinCode = 2 or 4)
    This would indicate you do not have a TNP 2 price

R68
    Indicates you have two Apprenticeship financial records that are the same

You have said His original POT was paused (Completion6/Achievement3) and then subsequently made a leaver (Completion/Achievement 3/3) when he restarted but you would not change the completion status from 6 when returning from a BIL.

On the return from the BIL record you have TNP1 – Residual training cost £2600 and TNP2 – Residual assessment price £600 which if you have renegotiated the price should be recorded as TNP 3 and 4 if not you use the original TNP 1 and 2 price

From the ILR PSM guidance:
    Record the price details as required using AFinType = TNP and the applicable codes. The price recorded on the new programme aim should be the same as the price prior to the break in learning unless you and the employer have negotiated a new price for the programme.
    HTH

Mark@Tempdent
    Spectator

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update. So am I to assume that I need to essentially remove the 2nd POT and amend the 1st POT with the newly recorded TNP3 and TNP4 as “Residual Training Cost” and “Residual Assessment Cost” accordingly?

Also, if the learner is returning from a BIL, I’m confused! How would we show on the ILR that the learner has returned to learning if the status is still set to:

Completion Status – 6 Achievement Status – 3

For the EPAOrgID error, there is a recorded price of £600 on both POTs so I’m not sure why it’s telling me that there isn’t!

Thanks again.

Martin West
    Spectator

Hi Mark,
    I have taken the full guidance from the PSM so you can know what to do:
    Apprentice takes an agreed break in learning
    If the apprentice is taking an agreed break in learning and intends to return, for example for economic reasons, long term sickness, maternity leave or religious trips, then the programme and component aims must be closed. Refer to guidance for recording an agreed break in learning.
    The Date applies to for the latest Apprenticeship contract type FAM records (on the programme aim and any English or maths aims) must be set to the Learning actual end date of the aim.
    Record any repayments of employer co-investment, if applicable, using AFinType = PMR and AFinCode = 3.
    You must not record a break in learning unless the employer and apprentice have agreed this, the apprentice is intending to return to learning at a later point, and you have evidence supporting this.
    When the apprentice returns, a new programme aim and new component learning aim(s) are recorded. Refer to guidance below for recording new aims when an apprentice returns from an agreed break in learning (as below). The original learning aims on the ILR must not be reopened.

Record the price details as required using AFinType = TNP and the applicable codes. The price recorded on the new programme aim should be the same as the price prior to the break in learning unless you and the employer have negotiated a new price for the programme.

You must continue to return all aims and financial records for the apprenticeship, including the records prior to the break in learning, until the apprenticeship is completed or the apprentice withdraws from the programme.

Recording new aims when a learner returns from an agreed break in learning

Learning start date
    Programme aim: Date on which the learner restarts the programme after the break
    Other aims: Date on which the learner restarts the learning aim after the break

Original learning start date
    Programme aim: Date on which the learner originally started the programme
    Other aims: Date on which the learner originally started the learning aim

Learning planned end date
    Programme aim: New planned end date for the programme
    Other aims: New planned end date for the learning aim

Funding adjustment for prior learning
    Programme aim: Not returned
    Other aims: Proportion of the learning aim still to be delivered

Restart indicator (Learning Delivery FAM)
    Programme aim: code RES1
    Other aims: code RES1

HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.