Re-start after Withdrawal

Home Forums Data issues Re-start after Withdrawal

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  boomtraining 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • boomtraining
    Participant

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help with the following scenario?

We had a 16-18 apprentice who left their employer and was subsequently withdrawn (Actual End Date – 31/01/2019), his original start date was 24/09/2018.

The candidate has now found a new employer and would like to re-start his apprenticeship, he commenced his employment with the new employer on the 11/02/2019. The candidate has now since turned 19, what I would like to know is the new employer liable to pay the 10% co-investment fee or is it based upon his age when he originally started his apprenticeship?

Also, I am currently using the Learner Entry Tool, is there any guidance as to how I would record a re-start on this?

I would appreciate any help with this.

Claire

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Claire,
    You could use FAM type and code EEF 2 -the apprentice is restarting a programme on or after their 19 birthday and was 16-18 when they originally started.

581. If an apprentice is recorded with the FAM type EEF due to restarting their programme, then the Restart indicator (RES) must also be recorded in the Learning Delivery FAM fields.

On the ILR entry tool you will find the restart tick box on the Learning Delivery – Learning Information Tab and on the Funding and Monitoring Tab a drop down box for EEF (Eligibility for enhanced apprenticeship funding)
    HTH

boomtraining
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your response and for clarifying this information.

Could you please confirm as to whether or not I need to record any reduction in funding on the ZPROG aim for a re-start?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Claire

Martin West
    Participant

You only use a reduction in funding for any Maths or English component aims where applicable, you agree a new price with the employer for the remainder of the training (TNP 1).

HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I don’t think the price on the programme aim should be the same as before. The rules for a return after an agreed break in learning are;

646. Record the price details as required using AFinType = TNP and the applicable
    codes. The price recorded on the new programme aim should be the same as the
    price prior to the break in learning unless you and the employer have negotiated a
    new price for the programme.

If it wasn’t an agreed break, that should not be followed. The price on the new enrolment where it was an unplanned break, should be whatever price you’ve agreed for the remainder of the apprenticeship.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    This post relates to a restart after a withdrawal and change of employer, the new employer and provider will agree a price for the remainder of the learning.
    HTH

boomtraining
    Participant

Brilliant! Thank you for your help with this matter.

Claire

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.