Reconciliation Software

Home Forums Data issues Reconciliation Software

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sue Bishop 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
  • Michelle L
    Participant

Morning everyone!

Can anyone tell me whether they use any particular software for doing monthly revenue reconciliations. We never receive what we are supposed to and I would like a much quicker way to try and determine why than a painful manual one by one learner 🙁

Any help would be much appreciated

TIA

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Hi Michelle

I’ve gotta say the only report which gives us quality finance info is the Apps Monthly payment report from the Period end folder. It is accurate to the penny.

Sue

Michelle L
    Participant

Thanks Sue!

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Excel, head scratching and coffee.

Michelle L
    Participant

It’s going to take more than a very strong espresso at this rate! I have two learners who have achieved their framework apprenticeships and yet they are still live on AS and now mismatching as they have started new apprenticeships but AS thinks they are live on two different programmes???

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Michelle is that because your employer hasn’t ‘stopped’ them on the correct date on DAS?

Sue

Michelle L
    Participant

Hi Sue,

The employer doesn’t stop them though if they have achieved? Do they? I thought the fact you make them 2 : 1 on the status and outcome the AS picks that up? The dates don’t overlap either? Any help would be very much appreciated 🙂

Sue Bishop
    Participant

No, the record has to be ended. I think there’s a new selection now, ‘completed’, otherwise if the record remains live, you will have two concurrent programmes running which will give you your error.

Sue

Michelle L
    Participant

Hi Sue, I got this from GOV.UK

“You should stop an apprenticeship when you need to:

change the training provider during the course
    change the employer during the course
    cancel the apprenticeship
    cancel all future payments
    You must tell your training provider before you make any changes, so they can record them in their ILR.

Do not stop an apprenticeship that’s completed.”

It clearly suggest not to STOP an apprenticeship that has completed?? Now I’m confused…

Michelle L
    Participant

unless….. they can now change the previous older record to “completed”. The achievement date is in this funding year? I assumed this was an automatic process from ILR submission, but I think I may have wrongly assumed?

Sue Bishop
    Participant

That’s it exactly, Michelle. The completed selection should be made.

Sue

Michelle L
    Participant

Amazing! I didn’t realise Employers had access to this option as well. I read it as it helps them to sort their learners by status. Consider the email sent! Thank you Sue, you have been brilliant with your responses and guidance, as is everyone on here. Have a great day 🙂

Sue Bishop
    Participant

We’ve got a great little supportive community here, where no question is a silly question 🙂

Sue

Michelle L
    Participant

Yes we do and as a newbie, it’s great to be part of it. Thanks again

Michelle L
    Participant

Hi Sue, My employer hasn’t come back yet as to whether they can amend the status… but the help desk have. They have said the learners have two different LRN’s (due to a change in employer and then completing a programme and starting a new). They have suggested I merge the two LRN’s together for each learner, which I interpret as adding the previous LRN to the “learner reference number in previous year’ on the current years tab. I’ll let you know how I get on, but I thought you might like to know for future reference. 🙂

ChrisR
    Participant

Hi

The digital account automatically updates itself with Completed based on your ILR return after you have updated the learners ILR to show their record is completed. The employer doesn’t need to update this themselves.

Our account has a lot of learners showing as completed and this is due to the automatic update not the employer updating the AS account

Michelle L
    Participant

Hi Chris, yes i did think that was the case:) It was clearly the issue of 2 x LRN’s that was giving us a warning but no error. Thank you for clarifying.

Sue Bishop
    Participant

The completed status is fairly new, I didn’t know it updated automatically from our ILR upload, that is a great help when looking at progression.

Sue

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Even before the automatic Completed status, employers were absolutely not supposed to stop the DAS at completion. It was sometimes required to fix errors caused by the systems being unable to cope, but that was never the idea. We only get employers to stop their DAS records when we absolutely have to (such as progression).

Judy M
    Participant

Hi Sue,

I’ve been searching for the report you mentioned “Apps Monthly payment report from the Period end folder” but I must be looking in the wrong place! I presume you mean it should be in the package of reports we get from the ILR after submission … but it seems not to be there?

We have Levy and non-levy contracts for 16-18 and 19+ so anything that helps us reconcile our Apps payments would be grabbed with both hands!

Glad you said there are no silly questions! 🙂

Thanks

Judy

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Hi Judy

If you log on to submit learner data and click on reports, in the top left corner you’ll see a hyperlink ‘submission history’. This will take you to a page that details your ILR reports and your Period End reports. Its the latter folder you want and this will have the Apps Monthly payment report in, as well as co-investment report which will indicate if you have any levy employers whose accounts have run dry (and you need to collect the co-investment payments and note receipt of these on your ILR), as well as a report detailing incentive payments which you need to pay. For me, this is my income critical folder. Don’t forget to check your FRM reports for any queries which need resolving.

Hollar if you need anything else.

Regards,

Sue

Judy M
    Participant

Oh wow Sue, that is brilliant! I’ve just done a happy dance!!

We’ve been trying to reconcile manually … and all the time the answers were there if we knew where to look!

Thank you so much 😀

Judy

Sue Bishop
    Participant

You’re welcome Judy – another sad person who loves a spreadsheet!!

All best,

Sue

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.