Record for part completion of an apprenticeship

Home Forums Data issues Record for part completion of an apprenticeship

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Emma M 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Emma M
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer a POV on EP301:

Where an apprentice is withdrawn because they have been unable to find a new
    employer, you must provide a ‘record for part-completion of an apprenticeship’ to
    support the individual to find new employment. This record must include, as a
    minimum: (etc etc etc)

We may not always be aware of how quickly an apprentice has been able to find a new employer if they have been made redundant. Is it safe to assume that basically for any apprentice made redundant on or after 1st August 2020 that they will all need this record? I’m curious how other people are interpreting it, particularly from the view of an EP.

Thanks,

Emma

steveh
    Participant

Um, I think, basically, when someone leaves you due to redundancy, you just provide them with a “certificate” (?) with the details required (which don’t seem overly onerous) and off they go into the wide blue yonder.

As I was saying the other day, I think it might be useful to the sector as a whole for everyone to do these for everyone who withdraws, regardless of reason, now that pretty much anyone can restart without needing to begin again? If we’ve got a template set up anyway, it shouldn’t be a great imposition?

Emma M
    Participant

That’s a fair point Steve! I think I’m getting hung up on the wording of the statement (which I did offer as feedback as I feel it’s not completely clear). I’ll get the ball rolling for any redundant apprentices and then see what the senior management want to do about everyone else. Thank you :).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.