Recording 24+ advanced learning loans

Home Forums Data issues Recording 24+ advanced learning loans

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Alan Taws
    Participant

The 2013/13 ILR specification indicates that Advanced Learning Loans FAM records should only be created against unfunded “programme aims” but as programme aims are only recorded for Apprenticeships and Diploma programme delivery this would seem to exclude the possibility of a learner qualifying for a loan for a single qualification at level 3 or level 4. Yet I’ve seen nothing in the funding guidance to say that loans only apply to Apprenticeships or Diploma programmes.

Martin West
    Participant

If it had said aim instead of aims I would agree but I think this is a problem with interpretation, it may be that unfunded learning aims would have been clearer.

Regards

Anonymous

Hi Alan, the 24+ Advanced Learning Loans indicator and the 24+ Advanced Learning Loans Bursary funding are collected for all aims where the learning aim is financed by 24+ Advanced Learning Loan and if there is any 24+ Advanced Learning Loans Bursary funding. If however, the learner is undertaking an Apprenticeship or Diploma, then these would only be returned against the Programm aim. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Sharon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.