recording looked after young people

Home Forums Data issues recording looked after young people

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joan.Mitchell 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Joan.Mitchell
    Participant

Hi all

Can anyone tell me where in the ILR (and AQUA) can/should you record that a young person is “ In Care” or has recently left care, please. We may be working with some young people in the near future and would like to access this part of the “block 1 funding” but cannot find where to record it.

many thanks

Joan

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Joan,
    I think it works like this:
    Block 1 provides an additional amount of funding for students who are in care or who have recently left care (£480 per student) but this is not earned in year or recorded on the ILR as this is derived from the local authority records and included in a providers allocation the following year.

Joan.Mitchell
    Participant

Hi Martin

Thanks for this I really do appreciated it.
    I’m probably over thinking this but how does this work as we are part of the Local Authority? And, how would we know if we had been allocated the extra funding per learner if it’s not included until the following year, or is it just a case of our 16-18 EFA allocation for 1516 would grow?

thanks

Joan

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Joan,
    Yes this is one of the issues with lagged funding as your allocation this year is based on previous delivery but it does work both ways.
    Your current allocations statement indicates disadvantaged funding on table 2 and gives a breakdown under block 1 that indicates the number of qualifying students for care leavers and the funding value included in your allocation.
    HTH

Joan.Mitchell
    Participant

Hi Martin

That makes absolute sense, thank you so much for your quick and comprehensive reply. I now get this.

thanks again

Joan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.