Refund in Apprenticeship Service

Home Forums Data issues Refund in Apprenticeship Service

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sambern 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Ben James
    Participant

If an employer needs to be refunded all that they have contributed via the Apprenticeship Service for a given learner, due to the fact that they were mistakenly assigned to them, what would be the best way to go about this?

Would asking them to enter a ‘stop’ date against the learner that is the same day as their original start date cause a refund? Or would it be best to simply withdraw the learner on the ILR from the start date and does that cause a refund?

I have received conflicting advice from the desk!

sambern
    Participant

Below is my understanding although it’s a bit hypothetical as we haven’t dealt with that specific situation.

It depends on whether the learner started this academic year and if there was an employer contribution.

The ILR alone will return the money, however if the Apprenticeship Service doesn’t match it’ll block your attempt to assign the learner to the correct employer as a learner can only be partaking in one Apprenticeship at a time on the AS. If the employer has made a contribution via co-investment which has been recorded, you also need to make sure that this is reimbursed and this is recorded in the ILR to trigger the payback. Although I’m not sure how having these payments after the end date would deal with data errors.

You can only return money or affect this academic year as we’re past the hard close of 17/18.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.