Registering Qualifications with Awarding Bodies

Home Forums Data issues Registering Qualifications with Awarding Bodies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaci 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Jaci
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can find the document where it states the timescales for registering learners for their qualifications with the Awarding Bodies. (For both Apprenticeships and Full Time Study Programme).

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Jaci,
    I seem to remember within 6 weeks as being the time scale but I can only find in the EFA 2012/13 rules that:
    The EFA expects that learners should be registered with the relevant awarding body within a reasonable time of starting the learning aim.
    Providers are reminded that learners must be registered with the awarding body in order to be eligible for EFA funding.

Does this mean you cannot claim funding until registered?

I can find no such reference for the same in the SFA rules but I apply the old 6 week rule to all as this seems reasonable.

Jaci
    Participant

I have just phoned and checked with the Data Service. There are no rules as to the timescales for registering Students/Learners with Awarding Bodies. We should follow the Awarding Body guidance.

So I will now have to contact each AB!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.