Remote Enrolments – coronavirus?

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues Remote Enrolments – coronavirus?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  nallen 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • LC
    Spectator

Hi

In light of everything happening at the moment with coronavirus, has anyone planned how this will change how they sign up new apprentices at enrolment?

For example, could it be done remotely? I know electronic signatures are acceptable and there could be lots of different ways for doing this (i.e. Adobe Sign?). Could email verification work if apprentice and employer agreed by email to start the apprenticeship?

If anyone has any ideas about this they could share that would be great, thank you.

Many thanks
    L

• This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  LC.

Martin West
    Spectator

Some Providers already have online platforms that do this and have done so for a number of years.

LC
    Spectator

Hi Martin

Thanks for your response. Yes, we are old school currently and are getting paperbased declarations signed.

When you say ‘Online Platforms’ – what kind of systems are others using?

Many thanks
    L

darrenvidler
    Spectator

Hi LC,

There are loads of systems out there that can support with this – some of the newer, online only, ones are Bud and Aptem but more “traditional” systems like e-track (from Tribal) can be used to build online forms.

Darren

LC
    Spectator

Thank you Darren! Will bear these in mind.

ralberg
    Spectator

Hi All – I am Richard Alberg, the CEO of MWS, the company behind Aptem. We have put some thought into how our clients can go entirely remote using Aptem and prepared a document that details the elements. It can be downloaded from https://www2.aptem.co.uk/covid19-guidance-for-clients

I hope this is helpful and provides some ideas.

LC
    Spectator

Hi Richard

This is very interesting thank you. Is Aptem an ILR system as well? Or just e-portfolio and remote systems?

Many thanks
    L

ralberg
    Spectator

Yes. Aptem has everything from on-boarding through delivery to ILR batch generation and funding claim. Clients don’t necessarily use every element and, as can be imagined, we are getting some providers just using Aptem for remote on-boarding since this is the only way they can currently get new learners onto programmes.

Martin West
    Spectator

Hi Richard,
    The following is considered to be Inappropriate or unauthorised use of this forum:
    d) advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our specific written permission.

While I understand that you have done this in the best interest of your clients and that due to the unprecedented situation you may have thought your posting acceptable you could have contracted your clients directly over the subject of your post.
    Just saying:

ralberg
    Spectator

Hi Martin

I am sorry you see it that way.

I made clear who I am so the commercial link can be seen. I also explained that the document I am sharing is one we have prepared for Aptem clients; it is not a sales document – it is written for those already working with us. I shared it because it sets out the touch points where apprenticeship delivery runs into remote delivery challenges – the topic of the original post.

I then replied to LC’s question. I don’t know who LC is, however I am as confident as I can reasonably be, that he has no connection to MWS.

My colleagues and I understand that FE Connect is not a marketing channel. However, from time to time, questions arise that require clarification from those best placed to answer and this will often be the company whose product or service is being discussed.

Regards, Richard

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  ralberg.

simonl
    Spectator

Hi, we have started doing fully remote sign ups this month.

We use docusign and have each form set up so they get emailed to employer, learner and trainer then the audit team to do a final sign off. Once complete they get downloaded and added to the evidence pack. IA’s are done through one of the common systems and skills scans are done via a form and a phone call. The final validation visit we then do over zoom to confirm everything and start learning.
    I know some systems such as BUD are offering free use of their enrolment software too.

Hope this helps.

leemorris
    Spectator

We have just moved to Ipegs and this has enabled us to move all our enrolments online for both AEB/apprenticeships within a week. Easy to transition to and the support has been first class. https://www.ipegs.co.uk/

Phil Stittle
    Spectator

Likewise Lee, we have in fact been working with I-Pegs for a number of years and decided to bring our summer project forward due to the circumstances. Not only has this supported Apprenticeship enrolments, but AEB as well. Next steps for Full Time applicants to use a similar option. Totally remote by the summer is the plan.

Can’t rate I-Pegs highly enough, always supportive and willing to listen and adapt to our needs.

J
    Spectator

We too are just in the process of moving to iPegs Remote. Having used iPegs a number of years ago (which I loved), then moving to another system we are thankfully moving back to iPegs again this time an improved version called iPegs Remote. I personally really love the system, it is very user friendly. I, like Phil, cannot rate iPegs and the team highly enough. Always responsive, approachable and listen to the customer.
    Given the current remote working situation, iPegs is going to be a very welcome addition just at the right time. Making working remotely much more effcient.

STEVEN_H
    Spectator

Hi All,

Is there any specific ESFA guidance on remote enrolment please?

leemorris
    Spectator

We have been using ipegs for the last 5 years and have been enrolling learners on apprenticeships and AEB programmes in this period. As long as you can quality check the signatures then this is fine. With ipegs they have the option to put a facestamp, location stamp and date stamp on all signatures. The system prevents any amendments to the documents when the signature is applied which protects the users.

leemorris
    Spectator

nallen
    Spectator

Hi All,

We use the Google environment for lots of our systems, does anyone know if a Google form would suffice at audit for online enrolment and sign up?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.