Reporting withdrawal in previous year

Home Forums Data issues Reporting withdrawal in previous year

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Gallagher 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Martin Gallagher
    Participant

We have a learner who’s withdrawal date is in July 2019 (so in the 2018/19 year), however we were not made aware of this when we submitted R01 (therefore we reported the learner as continuing in R01).

We will close this learner off in R14.

What should we do for this learner in R02?

We can either submit them with this retrospective leaving date (which is in the previous academic year) or just not return the learner at all.

Any suggestions?

jessicar
    Participant

We’d always remove them from 1920 in this scenario.

Martin West
    Participant

Copy That, just not return the learner at all in R02

Martin Gallagher
    Participant

Thanks both

RCartwright
    Participant

I have a similar question and am sure someone out there will help me. We are new to the ILR and managed to submit an R02 which included some enrolments on GCSE English. However, I have now been told that the student is exempt. Can I simply delete the GCSE enrolment or will I have to withdraw them? I am not sure whether the ILR looks between returns and expects to see the same enrolments or whether it will be happy for it to just disappear. Thank you

Martin West
    Participant

Your current ILR for the funding year overwrites any previous return so you can delete the enrolment where they started in the current funding year.
    If they started in the previous year you should withdraw back to the original start date.
    HTH

RCartwright
    Participant

Thank you Martin. That is really useful.

Martin Gallagher
    Participant

Hi – new question but same topic:

A learner was temporarily withdrawn in July 2018 (previous funding year) and has been on a LoA ever since.

They have now permanently withdrawn (after R14 unfortunately).

Our process would be to backdate their leaving date as the first date of their LoA, but this is in a previous year.

We have to change the learner from temporarily to permanently withdrawn – would you suggest we use:
    1) The original date which is in the previous academic year (so just change the withdrawal status, add outcome etc.)
    2) Use 1st August 2019

Thanks,

Martin

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    See the following from the ILR PSM:

Learners reported in the previous year as continuing who have now been identified as withdrawn

393. On the learning aim, set the Completion status to code 3 ‘withdrawn’ and complete the Withdrawal reason field with the relevant code. Record the Learning actual end date as the last day the learner was in learning: this will be in the previous ILR year, do not use 1 August of the current year.
    394. You must add a Destination and Progression record for this learner if applicable.

Martin Gallagher
    Participant

Perfect – thanks Martin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.