Resigning from employment whilst on a break in learning

Home Forums Data issues Resigning from employment whilst on a break in learning

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Neil Holcroft 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Hi

One of our learners has resigned whilst on a break in learning, can she continue with her apprenticeship whilst she’s serving notice or does the break stop now she’s handed in her notice?

Presumable she’d have to withdraw immediately if she can’t transfer the apprenticeship to another employer or is there a period in between employments which allows her to transfer the apprenticeship to a new employer if they’ll accept the transfer?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

steveh
    Participant

Hi Neil

There’s now a grace period of 30 days between employment (para 264 V2 19/20 rules), although I’m not quite sure how that works if the learner is on a break… I’d assume the same rules apply, so if they are without work for more than 30 days and/or you can’t start the app with their new employer within that 30 days they you’d have to update the BIL records to be a withdrawal.

Neil Holcroft
    Participant

Great, thanks Steve, much appreciated.

Would the break stop now she’s served notice or is it still active until she leaves employment and then potentially withdraws or transfers her apprenticeship? Thanks

steveh
    Participant

Um, good question…

I’d assume the latter?

Neil Holcroft
    Participant

So would I as she’s technically still in employment whilst serving her notice. Thanks Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.