Return from BIL

Home Forums Data issues Return from BIL

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Sue Scott
    Participant

A couple of related things

If my learner returns from a BIL (Same Employer etc) do I enter the originally agreed cost in the Financial amount or do I have to calculate the remaining cost?
    Also Employer is liable for the 10% contribution does this also have to be divided between POTs?

12 month programme £2000 framework (NO EPA) Contribution £200 paid and entered against POT1
    POT 1 BIL after 8 months

POT 2 Returned to complete 4 months Residual Price £800 with no 10% contribution entered

Is this correct?

Martin West
    Participant

The price recorded on the new programme aim should be the same as the price prior to the break in learning unless you and the employer have negotiated a new price for the programme.

Not sure what POTs are so will give that a miss.
    HTH

OFFS
    Participant

Hi Sue, In the provider support manual v2, paras 647-657 advise on this (basically as Martin has said). In particular:
    “Record the price details as required using AFinType = TNP and the applicable codes. The price recorded on the new programme aim should be the same as the price prior to the break in learning unless you and the employer have negotiated a new price for the programme.”
    I’m guessing POT = Period of Training ?

Sue Scott
    Participant

Hi Martin
    Thanks for that
    POT = period of training

So when she returned from the BIL did I need to enter anything for her 10% contribution if the employer paid and it was recorded on the ILR before the BIL

Sue

Martin West
    Participant

You will in the original Programme (POT) record any repayments of employer co-investment due to employer if they have overpaid up to the BIL, if applicable, using AFinType= PMR and AFinCode = 3.
    This will then only retain the 10% payments due in the first POT.
    The 10% payments for the return from BIL POT records the payments made towards this period of training.
    HTH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.