Returning from BinL

Home Forums Data issues Returning from BinL

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Emma M 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Emma M
    Participant

Hi,

This is probably a really simple question, but I can’t find the answer in the PSM so I need some guidance!

I have someone who has returned from a break in learning. I have added the new aims for the restart. Do I need to change the completion status from 6 (temporarily withdrawn) to 3 (learner has withdrawn) and then add the new aim?

Emma

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Emma,
    Assuming it is an Apprenticeship follow the guidance on page 96 (you do not change the BIL Programme or aim records).

673. When the apprentice returns, a new programme aim and new component learning aim(s) are recorded as in Table 10 below. The original learning aims on the ILR must not be reopened.
    674. Record the price details as required using AFinType = TNP and the applicable codes. The price recorded on the new programme aim should be the same as the price prior to the break in learning unless you and the employer have negotiated a new price for the programme.
    675. You must continue to return all aims and financial records for the apprenticeship, including the records prior to the break in learning, until the apprenticeship is completed or the apprentice withdraws from the programme.
    HTH

Emma M
    Participant

Hi Martin,

That’s what I’ve followed – I’m getting an error though:

R99 – The Learner must not have more than one programme aim open at the same time

I have open new aims as per the table, and I left the original aims alone. Prices etc are all correct.

I was just wondering if this error is because the original programme aim is still coded as 6? I’ve checked my rule violation reports for R02 and R01 – it didn’t appear at all in R01, and as a warning in R02. Now in R03 it’s coming up as an error…

Emma

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    See the known issues for FIS and the SLD as rule R99 is now listed ‘This rule is not working correctly; we are investigating why and will fix it shortly – In the meantime the rule has been turned off during R03’
    HTH

Emma M
    Participant

Hiya,

Thank you – I was trying to find the known issues document but couldn’t. Thank you so much. Hopefully when I upload to SLD it should be working!

Emma

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.