Signed Commitment Statements

Home Forums Data issues Signed Commitment Statements

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fairway 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Fairway
    Participant

Hi All

In relation to the Apprentice Commitment Statements, the funding guidance states that “All three parties” (the employer, apprentice and main provider) “must keep a current signed and dated version”.

We have always had the learning plan/Commitment Statement signed at the start of the Apprenticeship. This is kept on file as a working document and the updated version is sent out annually to be resigned by both the learner and the employer.

My question is, is there any need for them to resign this document?

I would appreciate some clarification on what other providers do in this regard.
    Many thanks.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    all three parties must have current signed versions, I would suggest that an annual update does not meet this requirement.

Fairway
    Participant

Hi Martin
    We have other documentation such as learner meeting reports detailing each learner’s progression, which are signed by the learner at every meeting.
    We have been audited on this (pre-commitment statements, when these were listed as part of the individual learning plans/agreements) and haven’t had an issue but I’m just curious to know how everyone else deals with this.

The Commitment Statement (previously ILP/ILA) documents themselves we’ve only ever re-signed annually.
    It’s a struggle to refrain from constantly repeating information in each of these documents and bombarding learners/employers with constant requests to resign. Perhaps we’re approaching this the wrong way and I need to relook at the wording on our reports & CS’s to ensure the auditors see the reports as the working document part of our commitment statements…

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The funding rules specify what the commitment statement must set out, but this does not include the working documents you have indicated. It is only when changes are made to the commitment status itself that requires it to be resigned.
    HTH

Fairway
    Participant

Thank you Martin. I think we’ve been over-thinking these Commitment Statements a little and treating them a lot more like the “working documents” that we keep.

Of course if main contact information and learning requirements change these should be revised and resigned however we have working documents detailing the progression of learning and completion of each elements so it’s probably unnecessary for us to be listing these things again on a CS.
    I think this will make things a lot easier going forward. Thank you for your advise!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.