SLD next open for submission?

Home Forums Data issues SLD next open for submission?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • melonroof
    Participant

Hi

Does anyone know when the SLD will re-open please? I cant get FIS 1.0.7 to work, my MIS doesnt validate errors and I need to know what is going on with my data…..!!

TIA
    Helen.

robS4S
    Participant

What issue are you getting with FIS?

melonroof
    Participant

Hi

We have identified one issue at least that is that the update requires more resources than the old laptop it is on can handle… I have now got my reports as my MIS provider kindly ran it thru his and sent them to me…

Chris Rees
    Participant

Hi Helen,

I have emailed the ESFA helpdesk regarding this. I’m in the middle of trying to clear errors for R04, and now I can’t use the new site in order to do it. If they want this to be the go-to tool then it needs to be available all the time!

I’ll let you know if I get a response, but I expect it will be open again before that happens.

Regards
    Chris

melonroof
    Participant

Hi Chris, yes that is what I am trying to do too! Great, yes let me know if you hear anything…..

SFA STAFF

Laura ESFA
    Keymaster

Hi all,

SLD next opens on 18 November.

The full schedule of dates / availability for 19/20 can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/data-collection-maintenance-schedule-for-2014-to-2015/data-collection-maintenance-schedule-for-2019-to-2020

Thanks,

Laura

melonroof
    Participant

Wow 10 days away…. that is a long time…. I know I am not the only one struggling to use the FIS with the constant updates…..

robS4S
    Participant

Chris Rees
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Laura. If SLD is the standard tool going forward, are there any plans to have it open more of the time? It doesn’t necessarily need to be open for submissions, just for error checking.

I’ve downloaded the new FIS and using that, but I thought the plan with SLD was to move away from FIS.

Thanks
    Chris

melonroof
    Participant

Yes that would be a good compromise if the SLD was just open for error validation.

robS4S
    Participant

It would make sense to have the current/next open/closes schedules in the SLD interface.

steveh
    Participant

also, only fair to point out that it’s open a week longer than we got last year!!!

SFA STAFF

Laura ESFA
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Thank you for your suggestions – I will share them with the Data Collections team.

Please note we are currently operating under pre-election period guidelines. If you do have further questions, please consider using our webform: ow.ly/pK5t50x3jlc

Laura

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Forgive me, but “share them with the Data Collections team” is such an empty thing to say. I have been asking for full-time access to the Hub ever since it opened and compeletely disillusioned by the “deaf ear” that exists. FIS has been notorious for issues and no matter what, only the online systems can offer full correlation and comparison with the other live systems. Users need the ability to verify their data at all times and not just “inside a window” (and please don’t insult me by suggesting that FIS can do that).

Victor Meldrew again

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.