SPAM from FECONNECT

Home Forums Data issues SPAM from FECONNECT

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Greta Smalley 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Mark Willis
    Participant

Hi

I received 20 emails from FECONNECT between 02:21 and 03:48 today with interesting topics such as ‘Russian tv online’ and ‘online webcam dating’!

I searched the forums before posting, but the 28 results I found were all dated May 2013, so not sure if everyone else is getting hit with this SPAM?

Regards

Mark

maria
    Participant

Haven’t had any today yet but have had a lot this week! It wouldn’t be the first time this has happened.

Rob Bishop
    Participant

Yup – same for me last night too.

Jaci
    Participant

Yes, we have had loads, over the last week or so now. Am a little bit concern that I may miss something amongst all this junk

lapsed_user
    Participant

Yes I have had a lot too.
    I also got a number of email alerts last week for archived content.

lapsed_user
    Participant

Yes, I have had hundreds over the last week or so and a pile more today. What has gone wrong?

steveh
    Participant

it seems that they mainly only get through during non-working hours? I wonder if they are generally being zapped when there’s someone about…

sampage
    Participant

Yes me too. I have reported it. It never used to happen so something must have gone wrong with the security systems.

I have been getting these quite regularly over the last couple of weeks. As said previously always at night or over weekend.

SFA STAFF

Hi folks

Sorry about the spam emails you’ve been receiving lately from Feconnect.

When we re-launched Feconnect we introduced a Captcha image on the registration page, to prevent spambots from joining and posting on the site. This proved effective until now, as unfortunately Feconnect is being joined by human spammers.

We are investigating ways to update the registration process again to prevent human spammers from becoming members.

In the meanwhile we will be closely monitoring new members during the day and as the spammers are joining and posting in the evenings and late at night, we will switch off the registration application out of office hours.

The Feconnect home page will be updated to reflect this temporary change and we hope to have a new registration process agreed and in place shortly.

We are working to stop the spammers and will do all we can to ensure that your in-boxes are not full of spam emails.

All the best
    Greta

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.