Standard Acceptable Evidence

Home Forums Data issues Standard Acceptable Evidence

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Statham1 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Statham1
    Participant

Is there a list of acceptable evidence for English and Maths for Standards available. One of our EPA’s isn’t accepting evidence of achievement from the PLR.

Thanks

Martin Locock
    Participant

As I understand it from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apprenticeship-funding-rules-for-training-providers/evidence-requirements P299.2 “signed statement by employer and provider that the apprentice meets the gateway requirements and is ready to undertake end-point assessment” it is up to the employer and provider to confirm that they have passed the gateway (and met the mandatory requirements) so the EPAO wouldn’t be involved in validating it.

mel_aspinall
    Participant

Try this link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk › uploads › attachment_data › file

It does say on the notes page:

Acceptable Evidence
    If an apprentice does not have a certificate and/or a notification of results, the provider can ask the apprentice to get a replacement certificate from the relevant awarding organisation (there will be a cost for this). If this is not possible, providers can accept one of the following as evidence of achievement in English and/or maths.
    • a report generated from the apprentice’s Personal Learning Record (PLR)

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    From the EPAO conditions:
    53. For audit purposes, you must retain a record to prove you have seen and checked evidence that the apprentice has achieved the English and maths and that you are satisfied all other gateway requirements have been met.
    HTH

Martin Locock
    Participant

Thanks – that makes sense.

Statham1
    Participant

Sorry Mel I can’t open the link, would you be able to resend?

It seems crazy to me that the EPA can reject evidence of achievement that is accepted by the ESFA. Surely this is disadvantaging learners who are on a standard as this has never been an issue for Standards.

Statham1
    Participant

Frameworks I mean …. long day sorry

mel_aspinall
    Participant

Statham1
    Participant

Thanks Mel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.