Starting an Apprenticeship whilst doing GCSE's at college

Home Forums Data issues Starting an Apprenticeship whilst doing GCSE's at college

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ClaireB 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • boomtraining
    Participant

Hi,

I’m hoping that someone can clarify the rules around this query?

We have a potential candidate who would like to enrol onto the Accounts / Finance Assistant Standard (Level 2), the candidate has declared that she is currently completing her Maths GCSE at College, is it still OK for us to start her on the Apprenticeship or could this be a potential double funding issue?

Thank you.

Claire

steveh
    Participant

Yup, it’s double funding, can’t start them til they’ve finished, although, obviously, in The Current Situation, that’s not quite as clear as usual! Does she know when her last class was *meant* to be (ie what the college has got as her planned end date)? Quick google suggests the last exam would have been 8 June…

ClaireB
    Participant

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for confirming this, we did think that this would be the case.

Her last exam was due to take place on the 8th June, therefore would I be presuming correctly that we would be OK to enrol her after this date?

Thank you.

Claire

steveh
    Participant

Yeah, wouldn’t be a problem after that.

I’m assuming here that she’s already over 16!!!

ClaireB
    Participant

Brilliant, thank you! Yep she is over 16.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.