Subcontracting

Home Forums Data issues Subcontracting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • cmarshall
    Participant

Hi

I am wondering if you can help me as I have been having a look for some information on the UVAC site around subcontracting.

The rules state that for a new subcontractor (new to the register) then we can only subcontract £100k of the delivery if they are in their first year of being on RoATP.

Does this mean that we can only subcontract up to 100k for the first year of delivery but subsequent years we can subcontract up to £550k? Or does it stay at 100k throughout the apprenticeship delivery?

We haven’t done subcontracting before so not sure if this is a really obvious question but I can’t seem to see anything that clarifies this anywhere.

Thanks
    Claire

Kelly
    Participant

Good question, not one I know the answer to Im afraid.

Did you not get anything through in writting when you were approved?

Saying that im certain providers have to re-apply for ROTAP regularly so it could be that once you’ve been on the register for more than 1 year your limit increases but I may be wrong.

I would suggest emailing the ESFA helpdesk but you might be waiting a while.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The limits apply to the total delivery of the subcontractor.
    For a new subcontractor, the limit is £100,000 over their delivery over all providers for their delivery from 1 April to 31 March each year.

For other subcontractors, the limit is £500,000 over their delivery over all providers for their delivery from 1 April to 31 March each year.

See funding rules:
    Special conditions for subcontracting to supporting providers
    P193 Delivery subcontractors who have successfully applied to the supporting application route of the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers must not receive more than £500,000, or £100,000 if the delivery subcontractor is identified as new, of apprenticeship funding for their delivery from 1 April to 31 March each year.
    P194 You must ensure that you are not one of a number of organisations making payments to any supporting provider that exceed £500,000, or £100,000 if the delivery subcontractor is identified as new, in any one year. We will place restrictions on your future use of delivery subcontractors if this happens.
    P195 We will exclude any supporting provider that has applied to the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers through the supporting application route where they allow their funding to exceed their respective total in any one year.
    HTH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.