Submit Learner Data – The XML is not well formed

From Thursday 10 December, feconnect will be replaced by ESFA Communities.

Feconnect is being replaced by a more robust, accessible service. ESFA Communities is now live and so feconnect will be read only from Thursday 10 December 2020. From this date it will not be possible to create or reply to topics or posts. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues Submit Learner Data – The XML is not well formed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  davonnie 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • SDevonCA
    Participant

Hi all,

is anybody else experiencing issues with the Submit Learner Data when trying to import an XML file for 19/20 R14?
    The file doesn’t seem to go through with an error message appearing to say the XML is not well formed?
    Its definitely a 19/20 output and we have processed it through the R14 return period on Submit learner data.

Thanks everyone

Chris

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Yep, I had a couple of those warnings last week. I exported a new file and went through upload again and all was OK.

Just a glitch I think.

Sue

SDevonCA
    Participant

Thanks Sue,

I’ve tried it 3 times so far this morning and still no joy!!!!

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Do you use FIS? Will your file go through that OK? If not then does your MIS give you the opportunity to exclude Learners? Or are you happy to look at the XML file in Notepad? What I would suggest is to try a file with just a single Learner in – if that doesn’t work then you must have a data structure issue, but if it does work then keep adding Learners until it goes wrong again – maybe one of them has a messed up record?

Given that R14 is a Hard Close for the year, if you cannot fix it then talk to the ESFA sooner rather than later as that way you can prove your efforts.

HTH,
    Caspar

davonnie
    Participant

We had that issue with R01 and R02 and it was due to the agreement ID no longer being needed for 2020-21, so I had to manually take them all out in notepad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.