Support after gateway

Home Forums Data issues Support after gateway

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Michelen
    Participant

Can anyone advise, during the 10 weeks when the Apprentice is writing their consultative project, are we as the Training Provider still able to support or once Gateway is activated, is this deemed as end of learning

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The 18/19 funding rules P74 ‘Learning support can be claimed up to the learning actual end-date but only if it is required for this period

The ILR specifications indicate that this is the date the EPA is completed:
    For programme aims, the Learning actual end date of the whole programme must be recorded in this field. For apprenticeship standards with a Completion status of ‘complete’ (code 2), the Learning actual end date for the programme aim is the date that the learner completed all the learning activities for the apprenticeship. This includes both the training and end point assessment activities.
    HTH

Michelen
    Participant

Thanks Martin.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

That’s changing from 1st August 2019. The Actual End Date then won’t include the EPA. That then means you can’t deliver support after the gateway unless they change the funding rules.

Martin West
    Participant

I expect the wording in the funding rules will change for 2019-20 to reflect the field to be used to record the end of the EPA period (Achievement date) but I would not expect the intent to provide support up to completion to change.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Unless they change the validation rules, it’s not possible to claim the £150 a month after the Actual End Date. They might change that, but I suspect not.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    I suspect they will find a way around this validation rule just like they do in the current PSM guidance.
    322. For Apprenticeship Standards under Funding Model 36 the LSF FAM type can also be recorded against English/maths component aims. This is only the case where the English/maths component aim continues after the programme aim is closed, and the learner still requires learning support. This FAM type must only be recorded against one aim at any point in time.
    HTH

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.