TNP Reduction for a transfer learner

Home Forums Data issues TNP Reduction for a transfer learner

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shason 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • SCOTTIA
    Participant

Please can anyone confirm if what I’m doing is correct for a transfer learner – I look at the start date, planned end date and actual end date with the previous provider and calculate how much funding remains for the learner. Then from our costed TNP for a new start with us, I take off the percentage of the funding already drawn down by the previous provider and use this amount as the TNP 1 and TNP 2. My question is do I need to reduce TNP 2 as well as TNP 1 due to the EPA stage not having happened yet? and do I still need to put in the % of funding we’re claiming (like we did on the old funding regime) in the component aim on the ILR in the ‘Funding Adjustment for Prior Learning’ box? my concern is that we have reduced TNP 1 due to prior learning and that it will take this % off this reduced amount, rather than what we consider to be the TNP 1/2 amount for a NEW new start. Fingers crossed this make sense – MTIA

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    You do not use the funding adjustment on the programme aim although it may apply to any funded Maths and English component aims.
    You should set the TNP 1 to your training costs to complete the training although you can do the calculation for the training delivered by the previous provider to see if there are any CAP implications. The EPA costs TNP 2 will remain as the cost of the EPA.
    HTH

SCOTTIA
    Participant

Thanks Martin – so am I right in thinking that it is just the TNP 1 being reduced that will suffice and there is no need to reduce the % of funding field against the main aim as well? I understand that FS may need to have this field completed – MTIA

shason
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    Thank you for the information. Is there a way to find or calculate framework upliftment earned by the previous provider?
    Thank you.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The uplift is 20% of the cap for 16-18 on frameworks, for every monthly payment for opps with the previous employer you need to add 20% where the uplift applies. As the uplift is in addition to the training costs it is not included in the TNP.
    HTH

shason
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the help.

Shason

shason
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone here use PICS? If yes, could please suggest how can one adjust framework uplift into the MIS? Basically, I am told PICS will not look into new TNP but funding band maximum when calculating uplift, resulting differences between PICS and ESFA report.
    Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.