Traineeship Eligibility

Home Forums Data issues Traineeship Eligibility

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MichaelC 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • sl23
    Participant

Hi

If a young person has already started a Traineeship 3 years ago but didn’t finish it, would we be able to put them back onto another Traineeship and claim reduced funding for them?

Thanks in advance.

Ann Bancroft
    Participant

Hi
    When we have an example of a traineeship or work placement on the PLR, We have always get written confirmation from the source of the training as to the outcome and how many work placement hours were achieved. The majority of the time we find that the learner did not achieve or attend any hours and they closed the record as a non achieving learner with no funding attached. We then keep that for audit purposes to proof that the leaner was valid to claim on a traineeship unless they are no longer valid and then we do not process the learner further.
    Hope this helps

sl23
    Participant

It does, thank you

MichaelC
    Participant

Hi

As a sort of follow up question to this, one of our sub-contractors is trying to enrol a learner on to our 19+ traineeship programme who had previously completed a 16-18 traineeship. I’m firmly of the opinion that this isn’t allowed, but said I’d ask the question given that they are funded differently. I’d be really grateful for your thoughts on this.

Many thanks
    Michael

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    A traineeship is not the same as an achieved qualification and may be repeated where the learner still meets the entry requirements and is still unemployed.
    HTH

MichaelC
    Participant

That’s great, thanks Martin. I’m assuming we’d just have to ensure that any qualifications that they do complete with us are at a higher level than those done on the 16-18 traineeship?

Thanks
    Michael

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    You have to ensure that they still need training to enable them to get a job or Apprenticeship, this would be demonstrated by that they have not been able to obtain or had little employment since the previous traineeship.
    HTH.

MichaelC
    Participant

Thanks Martin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.