Traineeship Eligibilty

Home Forums Data issues Traineeship Eligibilty

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • TJANDREWS92
    Participant

Hi

Can anyone shed any light for me.

Traineeship guidance states little or no work experience:

1. is this in the area in which the traineeship is aimed?
    2. What counts as work experience?
    3. Can they still be eligible if they worked but not in the area in whcih the traineeship is?

Many Thanks
    TJ

Martin West
    Participant

Hi TJ,
    1 No
    2 Employment
    3 No
    But ‘little’ is subjective
    HTH

TrishH
    Participant

Hi Martin

Can I just check an example.

We have a learner who is unemployed and has no work experience in the last 12 months.

Funding guidance says they will be funded for a traineeship if they are unemployed or 192.2 or 192.3 it doesn’t say and?
    Would we be able to fund our example above on a traineeship?

192.1 they are unemployed, set out in paragraph 149, or

192.2 they have little or no work experience and are focused on employment, an apprenticeship or the prospect of this, and
      192.3 they have been assessed as having the potential to be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months

Thanks in anticipation

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  TrishH.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Trish,
    I don’t know about the 12 months bit it just says little or no work experience
    192. We will fully fund individuals aged 16 to 24 who have not previously attained a first full level 3 qualification, for the core elements of their traineeship programme where:
    192.1 they are unemployed, set out in paragraph 149, or
    192.2 they have little or no work experience and are focused on employment, an apprenticeship or the prospect of this, and
    192.3 they have been assessed as having the potential to be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.