UKRLP Master Lookup

Home Forums Data issues UKRLP Master Lookup

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • NBNSAHealth
    Participant

This might be a wild idea but…

Does anybody know if there is/where to get hold of a master lookup file for UKRLP? i.e. one where I can match the UKPRN and extract name and contact details rather than typing them into the webpage one by one. I have asked UKRLP helpdesk and no response.

Thanks!

Martin West
    Participant

No such list that I know of that includes contact details.

Pellcomp Support
    Participant

You can get org name and address from UKPRN in the FIS data tables, but there’s no named contact or telephone number.

Database: FIS_DATA_ORGANISA_86_191018_145726 (or latest one)
    Table: Core.ORG_Details

Gav.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    I thought there must be a way to get this data and I have found the following:
    You can get some contact details (telephone, email) using the API for Providers see Get all the active providers
    https://findapprenticeshiptraining-api.sfa.bis.gov.uk/

It is difficult to save the information, but your IT people may be able to help, if not I have saved the current data in excel see link below:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AgpU5HnvFLX2g_p0LObxYeOnC25AWg

HTH

NBNSAHealth
    Participant

Martin – you are a genius!

It wasn’t worth trying to get into the API for a one-off bit of research but this is enough for what I need.

Thanks!

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Whilst Martin has been very clever here, may I ask how anyone thinks that squares with GDPR?

Many thanks,
    Caspar

NBNSAHealth
    Participant

It’s publicly available information isn’t it? Anyone can download the ROTO or RoATP and get the UKPRN and then look that up on UKRLP to get the published address, website, e-mail.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Caspar,
    This is a public API from the Education and Skills Funding Agency and all content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, no issue with GDPR as no personal data for an individual is identified.
    HTH

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Thank you both for your wisdom. I am increasingly drawn into the GDPR debate and receive conflicting strong opinions from “experts”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.