Update: The Hub 23 October

Home Forums Data issues Update: The Hub 23 October

This topic contains 36 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  sampage 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Author
  • Chris, SFA
    Participant

Hi all

We’ll be turning off access to the Hub to allow our suppliers time to reboot existing servers to add extra capacity. We anticipate that this will take approximately an hour. We apologise for any additional inconvenience this may cause. I will post in this thread as soon as I have confirmation that access to the Hub has been switched back on.

Best wishes

Chris

PJM001
    Participant

I have only just managed (after a week of trying) to get my data up to the Hub site and at least to the Queue Job state of being – Does this mean that this will be cancelled? Will i have to upload again?? What happens if I can’t – given that the whole world will be trying to get it done in the next day and a half?
    Thanks

chrislant1
    Participant

Chris will the learning aims search be open with this?

It is crazy I am having to teach members of staff how to query LARS through management studio. Not acceptable.

Never mind we have not had a error report back yet from the hub. If there are errors in the hub that are not showing in OLDC we have no chance to correct these now.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

I am very concerned that this flagship system using the Government Cloud (which doubtless many other Government Departments are watching with interest) is dependent upon a server at a small supplier somewhere. I know that the small supplier was used due to Government guidelines, but I thought that the Government Cloud itself should be immune to this, in principle?

techie
    Participant

Unacceptable.

The suppliers have had long enough to work out the required capacity.

I suppose we are now going to be told that there is no extension to to the window.

sampage
    Participant

This really is an unacceptable way to expect us to work toward closing the 13/14 year. I am completely flabbergasted that more than 15 months on the new HUB is still not capable of receiving files and working in a manner which enables us to comply with your systems and processes.

I am exhausted and disheartened.

chrislant1
    Participant

Chris,

Is it possible to have a extension on the p15 deadline? We are not able to get any error reports from the hub as we cannot load the files, we cannot access the learning aims search to check any errors we have from the OLDC either as this has been taken down.

Thanks

Chris

Chris, SFA
    Participant

Hi all

There was a query about reports and EAS elsewhere in the forum.

I’ve spoken with the data team and have been told that they will copy all data – including EAS form entry – from OLDC to the Hub to ensure that you will be able to get your reports. Please ensure that you upload your EAS Excel file to OLDC. As we’ve said on the Payments and Data page, we’ll use the the file you submitted most recently to either the Hub or to the online data collection (OLDC) system as the basis on which to calculate the final payments for the 2013 to 2014 funding year and to issue the final reconciliation statements to grant providers.

Best wishes

Chris

trainingprovider
    Participant

Eh? I am confused. All along we have been led to believe it is not a capacity issue and yet now you need to add servers? Why am I imagining a small pc under someone’s desk getting very hot?

Anonymous

So without having to actually say it, the SFA are essentially saying don’t bother with the HUB for your R14 just upload your final file to OLDC and everybody is happy (well, relatively speaking).

thart
    Participant

Chris – is there going to be an extension to the deadline?
    We need our PFR reports from the hub which include the EAS data to complete the claim form.
    We were
    at the EOY claim that our figures didn’t match but again it was because of all of the issues you have with the hub and EAS not being available to update.
    thanks
    Tracey

ianb
    Participant

Chris
    EFA require Funding Claim Report with annex B for signature. I submitted last week but only the HUB had the full annex B pages required. I am supporting another establishment who need to obtain this – should they persist (in hope) with the HUB or can OLDC provide the full report?

Simon France
    Participant

They’ve just posted an extension to the claims deadline to the 30th October. No mention of any extension to the data deadline.

David Neal
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what SFA payments and data update released today actually means? Extract below:

1 – In the light of the issues with R14 data submissions, please be advised that we are extending the deadline for submission of your final claims from close of play on Tuesday 28 October to close on Thursday 30 October. Please contact your CDS adviser for any queries.

2 – The Individualised Learner Record (ILR) R14 data return period will open on Friday 10 October and will close at 6pm on Friday 24 October.

3 – Repeats 1 above

So has the deadline been moved Chris?

steveh
    Participant

the only thing they’re extending is when you have to send the spreadsheet with the final claim figures on back. you don’t get extra time to submit your data.

Annalisa
    Participant

Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with FIS, I believe this is linked to the IM Hub which is why I cant import my data.

I need to upload my final file however I cant import to FIS to check my data before I upload to OLDC and IM Hub.

Thanks,

Anna

sampage
    Participant

Hi yes I struggle as well when the HUB is down FIS also plays up.

I have just loaded to OLDC and used that in effect to check it then made my changes then done OLDC again and tried the HUB as well.

Anonymous

If any of you were in MIS in the days of the FEFC you will remember that we used to submit our clean ILR file on 3.5″ floppy disks and send them by post. That system worked a lot better than this mess.

Added to not being able to submit via the HUB, the LARS is also down, meaning its not easy to do those last minute checks.

The SFA should hold their heads in shame and appoint a team to perform an independent review of the whole system. In the private sector (for example Tesco) someone would take responsibility and do the decent thing.

sampage
    Participant

I don’t think a team is needed to carry out an independent review. Its as simple as the system is not fit for purpose – what more is there to say – 15 months and so many opportunities later it should be sorted ………………………….

Anonymous

Its somewhat sad that FE Week don’t appear to be as interested in MIS issues as much as they were. They used to champion us and highlight our issues to a wider audience.

sampage
    Participant

and she laughs hysterically and she logs into the hub and it comes up with:

“An error has occurred with the application. Please contact your system administrator for assistance.”

ZenaC
    Participant

Any news on when the Hub will re-open. It’s been a long hour!
    Also I can’t seem to submit my subcontractor-declaration form. I am guessing it’s all linked.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Hi Anna,

If you cannot use FIS then the traditional approach is to submit to OLDC and then use the reports back from that to check/validate your data (which is all I have ever been able to do).

What on earth will anybody do when OLDC is switched off?

HTH,
    Caspar

sampage
    Participant

Have just spoken to service desk and they do not have a clue when it will be going back live.

With regard to sub-contractor form I did this through my CDS or CSD team?? My lady’s name is Cayli Eshelby

Hope this solves one of your problems

MartinOutlaw
    Participant

You should still be able to use FIS, it is only contacting the hub during the check for updates. All you need to do is wait for it to error out of the updates, click OK then carry on as if it had worked. As long as you have been updating regularly there shouldn’t be any problems.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.