Update to 13/14 FIS

Home Forums Data issues Update to 13/14 FIS

This topic contains 32 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous

Steveh, it doesn’t make any sense to me either as to why they are doing this now, especially so close to a Return where all providers have to return data. I’m just glad that I uploaded my ILR to the Hub and the OLDC before this update.

I’m currently downloading the 14/15 component set and it’s taking an age for this to run.

For those who do not know how to get the 14/15 component set you need to select SKILLS FUNDING AGENCY (all in upper case) as the provider. It would have been great if the Agency informed us all of this; just another example of fabulous communication from The Agency

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    To be fair the requirement to have ‘SKILLS FUNDING AGENCY’ set as the provider is included in the standard user documentation as well as the known issues documentation.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

This came from the Data Service this morning:

Providers are required to submit R13 to OLDC as well as the hub. As such, if the hub does not function properly for R13, the back up at is that the Skills Funding Agency will receive data via OLDC.

steveh
    Participant

Martin/Andy

To be unfair, those of us who installed FIS 8 months ago and for whom it’s worked perfectly well under our UKPRN since then have a decent reason for shouting when suddenly it doesn’t work without having to go delving about in Known Issues lists…

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    How can one answer that?

steveh
    Participant

Sorry Martin, not grumbling at you really.

Martin West
    Participant

That’s OK as I not only understand the frustration but am often not averse to having the occasional rant myself.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sfa-payments-and-data/sfa-payments-and-data-collection (SFA Payments and Data page) was updated 12/9/14 to say:

If you are due to make a return, please ensure that you submit files to both the Hub and to the online data collection (OLDC) system. If we encounter issues with the Hub, we will use the last file that you have submitted to either system as the basis on which to make full-year reconciliations.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.