Work Experience within a Traineeship

Home Forums Data issues Work Experience within a Traineeship

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mgt 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Mgt
    Participant

Hi

I have come across a statement in the guidance that says a work placement within a traineeship must be with an external employer.
    If the company is large and has different employers is it acceptable for the work placement to be within a different department of the same compancy

Many thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Work Placement Mode relates to either an Internal (simulated) work placement or an External work placement which is mandatory for a Traineeship.

The definition for external is: An external work placement is time spent with an external employer, external to the learning environment and at an external site.

A simulated environment in an education institution, such as a college restaurant run by an external organisation, or experience in a college-based crèche that is a commercial enterprise do not count as an external work placement and should be recorded as internal.

You should be able to assess if your planned placement falls into the External group.

Mgt
    Participant

Thank you Martin. However, I do not think I was very clear in my initial question; we are quite a large organisation with different departments. We are the training department within this organisation – could be classed as an external placement?

kind regards

Martin West
    Participant

A training department would be classed the same as a college so any work placement would be internal.
    To be an external work placement it would have to be external to the learning environment (your training department) and at an external site.
    HTH

Mgt
    Participant

Hi Martin

Sorry to labour the point we are an umbrella company – so all of the departments have different names and their own budgets and are based at different sites?

Mgt
    Participant

technically they are external to us?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.